Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting number from another provider

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:4)

I activated my sim on 13 June. I asked for my number to be ported from Vodafone. Today is 16 June and I still dont have my number ported over. Your email suggested 4 to 24 business hours.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: porting number from another provider

I managed to fix my problem.

1. I used a drivers licence for ID when purchasing my SIM but used Passport ID when activating because the activation would not accept the drivers licence the first time.

2. My address was not listed on the confirmation scroll down during activation. The property was recently sud-divided.

I re-activated using a drivers licence which was accepted the second time and used the old address not the new sub-divided one.

It worked. Im up and running!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Founder

Sounds like the process is stuck and needs manual intervention. Happens sometimes, especially if there is a misalignment of personal/account information.

Best to call support to get it sorted out.

New customers: 1800 100 933
(9am-9pm AEST, 7 days. Due to increased quarantine measures, wait times might be longer than normal.)

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

Highlighted

I managed to fix my problem.

1. I used a drivers licence for ID when purchasing my SIM but used Passport ID when activating because the activation would not accept the drivers licence the first time.

2. My address was not listed on the confirmation scroll down during activation. The property was recently sud-divided.

I re-activated using a drivers licence which was accepted the second time and used the old address not the new sub-divided one.

It worked. Im up and running!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Spectator

I switched over registering online (and used license as my ID) - within 30 minutes I had notification I was up and running (and that included setting up the voicemail box, which was quite a process). An incredibly efficient system I thought. Hopefully it continues from here on in.

Highlighted
Spectator

Ive been trying to purchase a blank sim form boost and sp have had 3 different chats taht all tell me to ring 1800100933, but they aren't offering any info, so where to I buy one from, I live in country vic and local agent doesn't stock them.