Boost Mobile Community
Got a Question? Search Current Forums
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nO MOBILE DATA SINCE FRI 13 MARCH - NOKIA 8 (I AM NOT ALONE!)

SOLVED
kip34
Rookie (LVL:3)

Sometime in the afternoon of 13 March 2020 mobile data ceased working on my Nokia 8. Tried troubleshooting all the way to including a factory reset.

• confirming the account has credit. Calls, texts and MMS work fine. Works on wifi.
  • switching aeroplane mode on and off
  • switching to 3g
  • switching apn to manual and confirming Telstra settings
  • tried my Sim card in another phone confirming mobile data works in that phone
  • tried another Boost Sim card in the Nokia and confirming mobile data doesn't work
  • Factory reset.

On 15 March Boost support told me "There's an outage in your area impacting your service. We're hoping to have this resolved by 20 Mar 2020 5:00 PM". This deadline missed, and now Boost live support is uncontactable.

Other forums indicate the same issue, down to the phone model and when it started.

What's going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kip34

Re: nO MOBILE DATA SINCE FRI 13 MARCH - NOKIA 8 (I AM NOT ALONE!)

Telstra made a network change. They will not be fixing it as it only affects Nokia 8 to their knowledge. 

Work around

- Settings; Network & Internet; select Mobile network BOOST
- press the Advanced drop down
- press Access point names
- press Telstra internet (telstra.wap)
- scroll down and change both APN protocol and APN roaming protocol from IPv4 to IPv4/IPv6
- Important: press the three dot menu and select Save
- back all the way out and you're done.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
kip34

Telstra made a network change. They will not be fixing it as it only affects Nokia 8 to their knowledge. 

Work around

- scroll down and change both APN protocol and APN roaming protocol from IPv4 to IPv4/IPv6

View solution in original post

LemonKush420
Spectator

has anyone tried this... did it work, my wife and I are also having problems with our  mobile data, she has a  A10 and I have a A20. 

@kip34 wrote:

Work around

kip34

No harm in trying it. You can change settings back if it does not work.

Note this issue is only affecting people in Adelaide I think, as here is the pilot of Telstra's network changes.  So if you're not in Adelaide, not likely to work for you. 

abhinay

They have done the same in Sydney too. I was out of data for almost 2 weeks and finally thought of replacing sim. That did not work either.. Making this configuration change however did fix the issue

I changed the settings of IP V4 / IP V6 for both local and roaming configuration in all the 3 APN settings. This impacts any service which is on Telstra network be it boost, Telstra or Belong i guess.

Glenna
Spectator

Thanks so much, excellent results

rjc7000
Spectator

Just adding that i encountered this issue at the beginning of september 2021 in the northwest brisbane qld region. Interestingly, it only seemed to affect my oppo r11s (android 7.1), but not older(very old iphone and oldish samsung j2(android 5) or newer(newish iphone) hardware ...

Needless to say, several chats with boost help were less than helpful..(even tried tell me i had no credit when i quite clearly did)

Only after a week of head scratching and some googling(which didn't find this post) did i stumble across the solution..