Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is 4 days reasonable to activate a sim?

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

I've been waiting for 4 days to have my number ported and my sim activated. everytime i talk to someone they always say within 24 hours.

what can i do?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Founder

Re: is 4 days reasonable to activate a sim?

Hi Nela,

We are a community based forum, of other Boost customers, who are here to help each other. As a community, we try to work through issues together.

Which provider are you porting from? What has customer service told you so far, on the reason for the delay?
Highlighted
Community Founder

Almost every porting delay I hear of, comes from a mis-match of the info provided between one company and the other. Date of birth, or name spelling, etc. Any slight mistake on either end of porting causes problems.

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

Highlighted
Community Founder

From what I remember, when I had access to carrier porting systems, is the only data matched at Port Notification is the Mobile Service Number and date of birth (prepaid) or account number (postpaid). Everything else is superfluous.

So I'd be verifying the DOB or account number being used is correct.

The reason I asked who it's coming from - if you're porting away from a small provider, your billing account number could differ from the account number needed to port.
Highlighted
Community Founder

Can I advise calling 125 8881 and speaking with Boost Customer Care.

Regards,

Lewis
Tags (1)