Did you mean: 

iMessage won't activate no matter what I do

iMessage won't activate no matter what I do

Rookie (LVL:4)

Re: iMessage won't activate no matter what I do

Is there a number i can call? I can only find live chat

Community Founder

when you created your apple id? what was the region that you have chosen?

If you were able to get the answer pls don't forget to mark the post as an Accepted Solution. If you also found someone helpful do not forget to give them Kudos to show your appreciation." None of us here are working for Boost or Telstra we are just here to help and share.
-nefy-
Community Founder

@chaplindictator wrote:

Is there a number i can call? I can only find live chat

PH 125 8881

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

Community Founder

these thread might help you out;

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3626723?start=15&tstart=0

http://support.apple.com/en-au/HT201422

If you were able to get the answer pls don't forget to mark the post as an Accepted Solution. If you also found someone helpful do not forget to give them Kudos to show your appreciation." None of us here are working for Boost or Telstra we are just here to help and share.
-nefy-
Spectator

Go to yourself in contacts and change your number from ‘mobile’ or ‘home’ to ‘iphone’ Then switch iMessage off and on again. Bob’s your Uncle.
Spectator

I had this exact same problem after porting my old number over from Telstra to Boost. It just wouldn't recognise my old number as an iMessage option, even though I could make and receive calls and texts from it. I eventually solved it after an hour on the phone with Apple support. The problem seemed to be that my old number was showing on Apple's systems but it hadn't synced with my iPhone. After trying a few different fixes which didn't work they finally asked me to 'Reset all content and settings' - and lo and behold that fixed it. Phew!!!