Did you mean: 

iMessage won't activate no matter what I do

iMessage won't activate no matter what I do

Rookie (LVL:4)

Re: iMessage won't activate no matter what I do

I have data, but iMessage will work in wifi too, right? regardless of data

JBlack - if i turn off iMessage that doesnt fix or stop the problem, it just means I cant use iMessage - which doesn't help me because i want to use it but just with my number and not some random simcard number.

I spoke to a lady on live chat and she couldn't fix the problem either. 

I've done a bit of research online and it looks like it happens occassonally with the 4s. Looks like I might have to go see one of these 'genious' at apple. It is strange though that this has only happened since I joined with Boost. I never used to have this problem

Community Founder

contact

Apple - 1300 321 456

If you were able to get the answer pls don't forget to mark the post as an Accepted Solution. If you also found someone helpful do not forget to give them Kudos to show your appreciation." None of us here are working for Boost or Telstra we are just here to help and share.
-nefy-
Community Founder

Is the Imessage server still in UK? I know in the early days, Boost users had to do an ADD ON credit so they could activate imessage to the international UK server. Not sure if that is still the case.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

How can I tell if the server is still in the uk?
Community Founder

manage your apple ID and confirm the region of your apple ID

If you were able to get the answer pls don't forget to mark the post as an Accepted Solution. If you also found someone helpful do not forget to give them Kudos to show your appreciation." None of us here are working for Boost or Telstra we are just here to help and share.
-nefy-
Community Founder

@chaplindictator wrote:
How can I tell if the server is still in the uk?

Isn't the iMessage for Australia only in UK?

From memory, the server is on a exception list with each carrier as it tries to send a sort of SMS to the server. But sometimes, Apple changes the number, and so all the exception lists for each carrier (in this case Telstra) need to be updated so that it will send to it for free.

But that list can go many months between updating, and so people started to work out if you add a little bit of international call credit, disable imessage, reboot the phone, and then re-enable imessage, it goes through and works correctly. You also notice it uses some of the international credit as an SMS to UK.

I don't have a iphone, but I remember it being spoken about.

Previous discussion happened back here (see link) :

http://community.boost.com.au/t5/Boost-Mobile-Help-and-Support/iMessage-amp-FaceTime-not-activating-...

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

ok so I went to Apple - the 'genius' gave me a new phone thinking it was the software. But even still with the new phone the iMessage is waiting for activation and my phone number isnt showing up under iMessage - only my email.
Therefore it must have something to do with Boost.

I have also just added $5 international credit in case it needs to send an sms to the uk... and I've rebooted and resetted and done everything everyone has suggested so far... still no cigar.

Why the hell is this happening Boost? I'm not happy....

I'd love if someone could call me and offer some advice or a refund or something... 

Community Founder

Best you talk to Boost customer service.

This forum is Boost customers like you, so the chances of you getting a refund or call from one of us is very slim.