cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage won't activate no matter what I do

Rookie (LVL:4)

The only way I can use iMessage is through my email but I can't use it through my phone number. The only phone number it has under "You can be reached by IMessage at:" is the number that was on the sim card when i got it - it's not my number that i got transferred over. It's a pain and I'd love to get it fixed

25 REPLIES 25
Community Founder

Re: iMessage won't activate no matter what I do

go to settings - phone - my number.

Do you see your ported number or the number that came with the sim card?
If you were able to get the answer pls don't forget to mark the post as an Accepted Solution. If you also found someone helpful do not forget to give them Kudos to show your appreciation." None of us here are working for Boost or Telstra we are just here to help and share.
-nefy-
Community Founder

Sounds like your number is yet to transfer to Boost. You might want to wait until the port in is complete
CORY | I do not work for Boost or Telstra.

Boost Care: 125 8881 or 1800 026 678 . Or Live Chat 24x7: http://livechat.boost.com.au

i see the number from the sim card... it's in grey font, and I cant change it to my number. However I have been using Boost for the last couple of months and all phone calls and SMS (not iMessage) is sent and recieved through my number

It's just the iMessage that has the random sim card number 

and yeah CORY, as I said above I have been using Boost for the last couple of months. Send and recieve is all through my own number, but iMessage has my email and the number from the sim

Professional (LVL:3)

turning off iMessage in settings usually solves this issue, right? also, make sure your connected to the internet then u may have to send a txt w/o the unlmtd credit to initiate the iMessage activation, or you may have to send a txt to an international # if you still have the unlmtd credit.

Community Founder

As i have mentioned chaplindictator. Go to settings - phonr -my number select the my phone number and change it to the numbee you have ported. Iphones detect the original number on the sim card if you have ported your number. That will fix it.
If you were able to get the answer pls don't forget to mark the post as an Accepted Solution. If you also found someone helpful do not forget to give them Kudos to show your appreciation." None of us here are working for Boost or Telstra we are just here to help and share.
-nefy-
Community Founder

Imessage will only work if you have data.
-nefy-
Professional (LVL:3)

dud nef go to sleep, out of work and still checkin up on the community? hats off to u!

Yeah I already changed my phone number under Settings - Phone - My number. Did that a while ago. Still no cigar