Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disable all voicemail and missed call services

boostuser054
Rookie (LVL:3)

I used to have all this setup OK, but recently I've been getting a message when a caller hangs up:

"You missed a call from: 00000000 who did not leave a message, blah, blah, blah."

This article: https://boost.com.au/blogs/help-topics/set-up-or-change-voicemail, say to disable this call 101. When I do I get a disconnect number. argh.

calling #002# to disable everything seems to have turned on voice to text. No thanks!

I don't want to recieve any messages for missed calls and I don't want any voicemail.

Basically, if I don't pick up, I want the caller to get no response of any kind and I don't want a response of any kind.

How do I turn it all off?

3 REPLIES 3
pvandenh
Community Founder

Re: disable all voicemail and missed call services

You can turn off the missed call notifications (which is called "Hang Up Message service"), but that must be done in the settings for 101 (Messagebank).

Boost backend system recently changed (and all services are getting migrated to the new system).

Alas, the new system doesn't have an option to disable both Messagebank and Message2Txt, unlike the old system. One of them will be activated.

But, there is another way to not have calls go to either of these services, by changing where you call forwarding is going to.

Steps to achieve.

1. Disable the diverson to Messagebank (this will enable Message2Txt).

2. Then dial this code. *61*0418707310**30#

What this will do, it will ring for 30 seconds, and then forward the call to a Telstra "busy tone" recording. It should override/stop the called going to Message2Txt.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

boostuser054
Rookie (LVL:3)

Thanks for the reply pvandenh! Boost customer service is **bleep** on a bull.

You can turn off the missed call notifications (which is called "Hang Up Message service"), but that must be done in the settings for 101 (Messagebank).

As I mentioned in the original question, dialing 101 doesn't work. Its useless.

I'll try the other routing you mentioned to see if that works.

pvandenh
Community Founder

@boostuser054 wrote:

As I mentioned in the original question, dialing 101 doesn't work. Its useless.

As a thought, you may need to enable Messagebank temporarily, just to get into the 101 settings (to turn off the Hang Up message service).

To turn on MessageBank from the app...

MyBoost app > Select your service > Select the 3 dots on the top right > View your privacy settings > Messagebank (toggle it on). Then select "Update settings"

After you turn off the Hang Up service in 101, you can go back into the app to turn off the Messagebank toggle.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.