Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data usage and tethering

data usage and tethering

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

data usage and tethering

Boost sim with 3g data and unlimited calls.sms.mms . Used amost 2g in a week and I do tether to my galaxy tab and lap top. Previously with testra 2.5g $70 a month always tethering to my galaxy tablet and lap top from my phone and data usage lasted for the month . Data with boost sim is being used so quickly and I am not doing anything different from when I had account with telstra
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Founder

Re: data usage and tethering

Boost relies on the same data rating systems as Telstra, that is, the same back-end system that counted your data with Telstra also counts your data with Boost.

There could be many reasons for this happening! Smiley Happy

Your post is like going to a mechanic, and saying your car is making a noise, so you left your car at home. Then asking what it could be, it makes it hard to identify and rectify the issue.

Is it possible your computer downloaded a security update? Did you download extra apps on your tablet? Were you watching more YouTube videos than you usually do?
Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

Thankyou I have got a new galaxy phone bought outright so setting up may have used more data
Highlighted
Community Founder

It's possible syncing your settings/profile may have attributed to extra data usage.

Keep an eye on it over the next couple of months, and let us know how you go!

If you run out of data, you can recharge early. Your 30 days & 3GB both start fresh from when you recharge Smiley Happy