Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changed from optus to Boost cant access mms or home cameras via my optus modem

anaussiemate
Rookie (LVL:4)

I changed my mobile service provided from optus to boost a week ago and I can not access my home CCTV cameras using the boost mobile data the cameras are linked to my home wifi which is an optus provided router and they are the internet provider.

could anyone advise me on why this is happening i have already reset  network settings on my iphone SE also i find now if someone sends me a picture i have to go to a website and enter the username and password.

it seems that i have missed doing some resetting 

5 REPLIES 5
Glenn
Community Founder

Re: changed from optus to Boost cant access mms or home cameras via my optus modem

I've just ported my service from Optus to Boost and my SMS are also coming through as a text message requiring me to login to http://telstra.com/mmsview to retrieve.

It looks like I've fixed it.

So your phone recognises MMS, send a photo/picture to 176667 (Telstra service). In response you should receive a message from Telstra advising that "You've been set up for MMS on the Next G Network".

anaussiemate

Re: changed from optus to Boost cant access mms or home cameras via my optus modem

I have sent a pic like you suggested however this has not fixed the problem I have an apple SE maybe you can advise me which settings to change on the handset or what else can I do to resolve this problem 

anaussiemate

Also I cant send text messages from my iPad using the boost sim in my iPhone using can you please review this and advise why this is so 

anaussiemate

I did mention in my first message that I can not use the boost mobile data on my phone to access my home cameras 

this remains the same can you please advise how this can be corrected furthermore this was never a problem when I was with optus 

pvandenh
Community Founder

It is worth noting that this is a Community forum. Only fellow customers trying to help each other.

You may need to talk with Boost support to see if they can help, if other customers haven't encountered the same issue previously.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.