cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't send mmi codes

can't send mmi codes

Rookie (LVL:4)

can't send mmi codes

Hi. Just recently moved to Boost prepaid and tried to extend my ring time by sending **61*101**30#  but I was given this message "Call forwarding when no reply for all Basic Services. Connection problem or invalid MMI code"

I'm getting the same error message when trying any code that I try.  I tried looking at my Call forwarding options but couldn't due to a "Network or SIM card error" warning when I navigated to my call settings.  

My phone is working fine apart from all that but I do get this message onscreen when I make a call    "conditional call forwarding active"

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 running Android 7.0

8 REPLIES 8

Re: can't send mmi codes

Boost is limited... Seriously.
Boost is a cut down service for ease of use and cheaper plans.
Maybe when Boost was bought by Telstra something changed.
All possible answers or ... See if Boost answers.
Champion (LVL:1)

@john55 Can you try:

1. Dial *#61#.
  2. It will display the number the calls are forwarded to and the current ring time. Write down the forwarding number.
  3. Dial **61*+1xxxxxxxxxx*11*30# (where xxxxxxxxxx is the number displayed previously and 30 is the new ring time – you can pick 15, 20, 25 or 30).
  4. Dial *#61# to check the new settings.

Seriously - This is a public forum, it is monitored, but there is no active official support, and Boost is a seperate company from Telstra, however, they have made agreements for Telstra to provide management of parts of the operation for them as well as provide the network.

---

Hi. Thanks for trying but no I can't try that code.

The problem I'm having is that I can't enter any codes at all without getting this message

"Call forwarding when no reply for all Basic Services. Connection problem or invalid MMI code"

Champion (LVL:1)

Do you get Voicemail when you dial 101?

---

Hi. I get this voice prompt  when I call 101.  "The number you have called is not available from this service".

Because I couldn't send my own codes, I had to contact Boost and have them turn voicemail off so that my calls would ring the maximum amount of time and not go to message bank.

When my call ring time expires now, people get a message that my call forwarding is set to an invalid number.

Not a simple problem i think.   This all seemed to happen when I move from Internode to Telstra/Boost.

I've just tried resetting my phone to factory defaults with no luck. Same problem exists.

I might try getting a low cost disposable sim from another provider and see if I can at least modify call forwarding settings before putting my Boost sim back in.  Sounds crazy but might work.

Well owing to the fact that I've bought a new phone, this issue isn't a problem any more.

For anyone interested, I'm convinced that the problem I was having was due to a firmware issue on my Galaxy Note 5. Other's who had the same problem and who couldn't find a more conventional fix, found that it was their firmware at fault.  I wasn't about to start re-flashing my phone's OS so I gave up and upgraded to an S10 :-)

I had the same problem when I first went to Boost (from Telstra, phoe worked fine on Telstra).

on the 3rd call to support (mainly for another issue, but I kept asking about MMI) the support person said my voicemail setup had not been transferred across from Telstra to Boost correctly! I did have aprobem with voicemail initialy  as well, but a support person said they had 'fixed' it.

The subsequent support person did something else and from then on MMI codes worked fine.

So I would say your issue was not your phone but account set up.