Boost Mobile Community
Got a Question? Search Current Forums
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is porting from Telstra more difficult than porting from anoither network?

DaveH53
Spectator

I bought a Boost starter pack today - $40. Got online and read about transferring my existing number. It now appears that the $40 starter kit is of little use since the live chat person told that my existing number was registered with Telstra and the credit from the starter pack can't be transferred to the new sim card required for transferring Telstra numbers. This does not appear to be the case if transferring from another network ... why is this so?

2 REPLIES 2
AbrahamLincoln
Professional (LVL:3)

Re: Why is porting from Telstra more difficult than porting from anoither network?

Telstra and Boost are now using the same system. process would be just like a SIM replacement which we need a blank SIM card. You can contact 125 8881 and ask if they can transfer the credits of your starter kit to your old number, 

awesomeis
Amateur (LVL:2)

Re: Why is porting from Telstra more difficult than porting from anoither network?

Contacted Boost and requested the free blank sim to transfer number from Telstra.

Received sim next day & then contacted Boost to have it activated, only to be told that as it is a post paid account with Telstra we have to contact Telstra to have the account transferred to a prepaid account by them first and then again request the transfer of the number..

After a considerable time on the phone to Telstra requesting postpaid account be transferred to a prepaid account this we then wait for this request to be completed by them. 

When completed we then have to contact Boost again to have it transferred to them and activated.

Why all these roadblocks for a simple transfer of a mobile number and all the additional tasks for Telstra  in having to transfer it to a prepaid account Telstra first to only then close it?