Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting to Activate and for Support

Waiting to Activate and for Support

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:4)

Re: Waiting to Activate and for Support

It looks like I'll be calling them again today...so that's another hour waiting on the phone for nothing. Still haven't been ported Smiley Mad

I'm really feeling like they will never port me across... Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted

I've called them three times today. Waiting times weren't as long this morning around 40min. Except first time was on the phoen with them for over 30min and they were having trouble fixing the problem and then sudden the call cuz off. Second time it seemed to connect with someone after 35min but was then put onto a never ending different 'on hold' music. Sounds like one of their team members playing hooky whilst still taking calls.

Last thing they told me was everything is correct but its still not working and they dont' know why.

Now trying a third time. How many days has it been so far, lost count... if only I hadn't prepaid for this service (no service) I woud have jumped ship 3 days ago.

Highlighted

Yes, I'm not getting convinced that I'll ever be connected, it's just one delay after another, one excuse after another Smiley Sad

I think I'll have to consider requesting a refund, and jump onto another service provider if they don't resolve it by Monday.

Highlighted

Finally!

FYI, Boost offered to provide me temporary credit if I went an purchased a $2 SIM...I decided to do that Friday night, so that I wouldn't be without service for another weekend, and because I wasn't confident that it would actually be activated today. I called Friday night, and it was pretty painless, luckily I have a dual sim phone and so was able to set it up so that I could receive calls/sms to my original number, but make/send calls/sms and use data on the temporary sim. They gave me 7 days of credit.

Well, they finally got my original port activated just now Smiley Happy

All I can recommend, is to keep on them, and get them to escalate it. It took a while (about 10 days in the end) but they did get it done, and they were trying to be as helpful as possible. It was just frustrating that something that seemed so simple was taking so long. And also, maybe it's worth asking for a temporary credit, if you're in need and have been waiting a while? Good luck!

View solution in original post