Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting to Activate and for Support

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:4)

Oh no, when I ported to Boost last time, I'm pretty sure it only took about 20 minutes. I've been waiting all day, and I have now come to the forum, as I'm waiting on hold to try to get through to Support...and seen all these messages with people waiting days for Activation!

Is there something going wrong with Boost since Covid, I didn't have any problems the last time I was with them?

Has anyone actually been ported successfully lately, or are you still all waiting? Smiley Sad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Waiting to Activate and for Support

Finally!

FYI, Boost offered to provide me temporary credit if I went an purchased a $2 SIM...I decided to do that Friday night, so that I wouldn't be without service for another weekend, and because I wasn't confident that it would actually be activated today. I called Friday night, and it was pretty painless, luckily I have a dual sim phone and so was able to set it up so that I could receive calls/sms to my original number, but make/send calls/sms and use data on the temporary sim. They gave me 7 days of credit.

Well, they finally got my original port activated just now Smiley Happy

All I can recommend, is to keep on them, and get them to escalate it. It took a while (about 10 days in the end) but they did get it done, and they were trying to be as helpful as possible. It was just frustrating that something that seemed so simple was taking so long. And also, maybe it's worth asking for a temporary credit, if you're in need and have been waiting a while? Good luck!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted

FYI, I got through to them on the phone, was on hold for about half an hour. First, they couldn't find my activation order, but then they said they found it after talking to a technical colleague, and that it was still "provisioning" and that it would take 2 business days to get to "complete"...so to wait until Monday Smiley Sad

I have had to make do with no phone or data today, and I guess will have to do the same tomorrow, and hope it doesn't take long to activate on Monday. I checked with my current provider, and they said they hadn't received any port request for my service.

If it's taking longer that normal to activate, maybe Boost needs to update their help documentation? If I'd known that was the case, I would have started the process earlier... Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

Its still waiting, a week gone and waiting,shocking
Highlighted

I have been waiting for two days. I'm also shocked because it only takes one or two hours for other mobile services companies. 

Highlighted
Spectator

Me too, have been waiting for over a week to get the number ported. I'm also shocked because it only takes one or two hours for other mobile services companies. I tried calling a few times and gave up after 10, 15, 8 or more minutes as we can't afford to be waiting forever while at work. 

Highlighted

Yep I'm in the same boat here. Looks like COVID delays means we'll take your money now and activate your sim in a few days and trasfer number in another 14 days if you're lucky. Forget about using a phone until then.

No working from home for Boost employees?

Highlighted

It's actually pathetic. This is the fourth business day that I've now called them up to find out what's going on. I rang my existing provider, they haven't received a port request. I ran Telstra, as Boost told me to ring them to find out, and they haven't received a port request (they were just as patronising, telling me to wait another 24 to 48 hours, again). Boost told me they escalated it yesterday, and that someone would resolve within 24 hours and would call me...obviously, that didn't happen, and so I'm on hold once again...loving it, NOT!

It seems that there are a lot of companies have scaled back to skeleton staff, that don't appear to know how to run the systems properly: porting should be straight forward!!! Luckily, I'm working from home, but every time I go out, I have no access to mobile or data...it's just pathetic to say 4 to 24 hours, and it take days with no realistic ETA given!

If I hadn't paid upfront for this SIM, I would walk away...I don't know, I guess I'll have to ring the Ombudsman to make a complaint?

Highlighted

Been waiting over an hour now...still nothing. I'm lucky that I can work whilst waiting for them to answer...but what about other people that can't? Taken out chunks of their day, to wait to get the same answer "Please wait another 24 to 48 hours for activation to occur"... 

Highlighted

They told me that activation is now taking 24-48 hours, due to skeleton staff from COVID.

They also told me that they indeed escalated my issue, that is due to some error in the backend. But it is also now taking 24-48 hours, not the 24hour timeframe they told me yesterday, to resolve issues from the escalation team. So she spoke to them, and the mobile porting resolutions team have actually taken on the escalation, and are currently investigating and hoping to resolve in the next 24 hours...so I just have to keep my fingers crossed a little longer Smiley Sad

I wonder what would have happened, if I hadn't kept pestering them to resolve this? Would they have noticed? They are also blaming a "recent upgrade" to their system...

If you're having issues, just try to get through to someone and get them to escalate it, it shouldn't be taking more than a couple of days to activate.

Highlighted
Spectator

We purchased Boost as they were recommended and now cannot get id verification to port phone number. The site just freezes and doesn't complete the step. Very frustrating and no live chat or service! Very bad experience so far.