Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE not activating

VoLTE not activating

alkalinemosh
Rookie (LVL:3)

Re: VoLTE not activating

After many calls trying to get VoLTE activated, CS told me that there are "two systems" and VoLTE was only enabled in one of the two. Once they proceeded to enabled it in both systems, VoLTE and Wifi-Calling worked immediately (no waiting, no reboot needed). Hope this helps someone.

Steve8
Spectator

I just called Boost to see if they (Boost Sim card) - (Telstra Wholesale) supports 4G VoLTE.  The answer from Tech Support was No it doesn't.   I was going to join up but unfortunatly the local Telstra tower only supports VoLTE in our small town so looks like I will have to stay with Telstra Retail.  Bugger Smiley Sad

pvandenh
Community Founder

@Steve8 wrote:

I just called Boost to see if they (Boost Sim card) - (Telstra Wholesale) supports 4G VoLTE.  The answer from Tech Support was No it doesn't.   I was going to join up but unfortunatly the local Telstra tower only supports VoLTE in our small town so looks like I will have to stay with Telstra Retail.  Bugger Smiley Sad

Possibly a misunderstanding. The Telstra Wholesale network doesn't have VoLTE, that is true. BUT Boost actually uses the Telstra Retail network access, which does have VoLTE.

So in short, Boost Mobile does support VoLTE (myself and many family/friends have it working, etc).

Also, if you look at this article, it also mentions...

"Currently, the only Telstra MVNO that allows WiFi and VoLTE calling is Boost Mobile."

https://www.whistleout.com.au/MobilePhones/Guides/what-is-VoLTE

I have used it plenty of times in various 4G Small Cell rural areas. Works very well.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.