Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using SMS overseas

Using SMS overseas

Misskp
Rookie (LVL:3)

Using SMS overseas

Travelled from Australia to UK. I can receive SMS messages but not send them. I have received Boost SMS that my phone is free to roam & it's registered to a UK network but I get a message that I've lost my data connection because roaming was turned of when I left my home network in Australia. What can I do so I can reply to the messages I'm receiving from Australia?
3 REPLIES 3
pvandenh
Community Founder

Re: Using SMS overseas

Roaming is activated by default, and you can receive incoming SMS for free, but you will need additional add-on credit (not the normal plan credit) in order to send SMS, or be able to make/receive calls, or to use mobile data.

Did you purchase add-on credit?

Be aware the costs while roaming are not cheap. So you may use up the add-on balance very quick.

UK roaming rates are $2 per minute for calls made/received, $0.65 per SMS sent, and $3 per 1MB of mobile data.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

Misskp
Rookie (LVL:3)

No, didn't buy an add-on. When I try to recharge via #111# to purchase it now I'm in UK it doesn't work. I get as far as adding my credit card info and then an error message telling me there is a connection problem and it won't go any further.
pvandenh
Community Founder

I see.

Maybe try doing it via the website instead. After it is done, you may need to reboot the phone.

https://recharge.boost.com.au

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.