Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning voicemail and voice2text off completely

palikary
Amateur (LVL:3)

I want to turn off voicemail off completely. When i did that it now goes to voice 2 text and I cant turn that off. How can I turn off both completely so the phone rings for the max amount and then closes off instead of diverting to voicemail or voice 2 text services... Surely there must be a way...

I tried calling boost support 2 times now - waitied for over an hour both times and cant get thru.. Is there a way I can turn these off myself please?

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Navyphoen
Rookie (LVL:3)

Re: Turning voicemail and voice2text off completely

Please tur off turn off for me

pvandenh
Community Founder

Some more information found here :

https://community.boost.com.au/t5/Setup-Phone-Support-Knowledge/Managing-Boost-Messagebank-Voicemail...

In short, to disable both Messagebank AND Message2Txt, you need to speak to Boost support. You cannot disable both of those yourself.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

kimmy2020

I got this message when someone miscall:

{You missed a call from 0466xxxxxx, who said "Telstra is stupid. Telstra is stupid." This message was provided by Telstra at no charge to you.}

How do I turn this Message2text off without talking to Boost Support? I tried to contact them and they said that this cannot be done? i.e. either one of MessageBank or Message2Text have to be on.

I am struggle to find a solution to turn off those two stupid services.

Tuff

@kimmy2020 wrote:

I got this message when someone miscall:

{You missed a call from 0466xxxxxx, who said "Telstra is stupid. Telstra is stupid." This message was provided by Telstra at no charge to you.}

# me to

How do I turn this Message2text off without talking to Boost Support? I tried to contact them and they said that this cannot be done? i.e. either one of MessageBank or Message2Text have to be on.

I am struggle to find a solution to turn off those two stupid services.

Tuff

#meto 

ClownDog
Spectator

I had both services turned off until they changed my prepaid plan. Now I'm stuck with message2txt again and nobody seems to be able to turn it off for me.

Broozies
Spectator

I am also at a loss to get both these services deactivated/removed.

First chat to Boost support stated that an order would be put in, then a day later an email saying the "Unfortunately, your existing Telstra account isn't compatible with the plan you've chosen. This means we can't proceed with your order and we’ve cancelled it."

Second chat to Boost was transfered to 2nd level support? and I was promised that it would be rectified. Same outcome, a day later an email saying the "Unfortunately, your existing Telstra account isn't compatible with the plan you've chosen. This means we can't proceed with your order and we’ve cancelled it."

This is extremely annoying, I would never have ported to Boost if I had known these services couldn't both be deactivated.

Has anyone successfully contacted Boost support and had both the MessageBank and Message2Txt deactivated?

Saffyron
Spectator

I've been trying to get this turned off since October 2021 and still trying, so going on 2 months now and still can't get it disabled

You know how frustrating it's been and how many times and hours I've spent trying to get this stupid function turned off ???  I just want my phone to ring, and if I miss a call, my Caller Log will tell me the number, I don't need them to leave a message

I can't understand why this has to go to Customer Support or Tech Support, when it should be simple and pass on the code to customers who can do it themselves, just like extending your ring time and turning off Message Bank / Voicemail all by yourself !!!

pvandenh
Community Founder

@Saffyron wrote:

I can't understand why this has to go to Customer Support or Tech Support, when it should be simple and pass on the code to customers who can do it themselves, just like extending your ring time and turning off Message Bank / Voicemail all by yourself !!!

A new system was introduced in 2020-2021. And it appears this feature is not supported in that new system at this stage.

Any "fix" would take time to implement, if they wanted to do it.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.