Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax invoice

Tax invoice

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

Re: Tax invoice

I will send a formal email to the tax office via thier website and see what they have to say.

Highlighted

Sadly, it appears the the answer is, according to 'the letter of the law', they legally dont have to provide a receipt as it is below the $82.50 threshold. (http://www.ato.gov.au/Business/Record-keeping/In-detail/A-basic-paper-record-keeping-system/Valid-ta...

On the other hand, I would suggest this is intended to protect much, much smaller businesses like a milk bar or people at the local weekend market rather than a business that is backed by Telstra. It is unlikely that it would take much effort at all to enable the system to create a tax receipt as part of the order process online. This is defnitely a pain for me (I have to claim my 'phone usage through my business) meaning I have to go into the likes of **bleep** Smith each month to get a recharge voucher, in addition to the hassle of not having the ability to auto-recharge. Now the amount of data is dropping combined with the thought that if auto-top up is ever enabled it may not come with invoices which would make it useless for me..... so all in all it's making me consider moving to someone else.

Tags (3)
Highlighted

Hilarious! I wrote D1ck Smith (as in dse.com.au) and it was autochanged. One of the major electronic retails in Australia apparently is a rude word....  amazing, since they sell Boost there. Just tried the preview version and tried the fun game working out what doesn't get picked up. Sigh....

Highlighted
Spectator

Just checked out the ATO web site to confirm that you can still claim the GST input without a tax invoice, provided that the amount is less than $82.50 and the business is registered for GST, that is, they charged you GST. You can, the Paypal confirmation or credit card statement is sufficient proof of purchase.

http://www.ato.gov.au/Business/GST/Claiming-GST-credits/When-you-can-claim-a-GST-credit/When-you-nee...

Highlighted
Spectator

I full agree it should not be this hard to do a simple exercise