Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax invoice

Tax invoice

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

Tax invoice

Where can i download a tax invoice from?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Founder

Re: Tax invoice

Auto-recharge is coming, and Boost is legally obliged to provide tax invoices, so we have to presume they will be available or emailed. It's a 'watch this space' question.

I'm only a customer like you, but I know the development team looks at these forums for community feedback, so hold tight and stay living!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Community Founder

Your tax invoice will depend on how you recharge, e.g. if you buy a recharge voucher from a supermarket, the receipt from the supermarket constitutes your tax invoice.
Highlighted

What if I auto recharge by credit card every month?

Highlighted
Community Founder

As I understand it, you'll need to contact Customer Servide and they can email you across a tax invoice after you recharge with your credit card. It's a bit of a screw around though - and there's no auto recharge FYI.

I'd suggest recharging via Paypal, as a tax invoice gets automatically emailed to you, or buying a recharge voucher from Woolies/Coles.
Highlighted

Thanks Glenn, one last question will there be an option in the future to download one through an ap or a website (my) account?

Highlighted
Community Founder

Auto-recharge is coming, and Boost is legally obliged to provide tax invoices, so we have to presume they will be available or emailed. It's a 'watch this space' question.

I'm only a customer like you, but I know the development team looks at these forums for community feedback, so hold tight and stay living!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Spectator

Okay, I just got off the phone from Boost mobile requesting tax invoices. They have stated that they can't and won't provide tax invoices. Something about a recharge not being over $82.00 per month. I thought it was a legal requriement for a company to provide tax invoices?

I'll check out the paypal option, someone has mentioned above, but we'll have no choice but to take our business elsewhere without tax invoices.

Highlighted
Community Founder

It's not a legal requirement to provide a tax invoice in some instances.

Also, keep in mind that Boost is mainly for personal use.

Here's the unofficial explanation from Boost:

"Technically, we [Boost] do not have any obligation to provide tax invoices... While a 'tax invoice' could be provided for actual usage as this is when GST is applied (to the extent that the type of usage is subject to GST itself), [Boost] will, in almost all instances, never be required under the GST law to do so.

"This is because Boost... has no tax obligation to issue tax invoices for charges less than $82.50 (GST inclusive) on a per call / usage basis. For pre-paid services, as each point of usage is taken to be a separate supply for GST purposes, a 'tax invoice' obligation does not arise for [Boost] because it is unlikely that any separate instance of usage would exceed the recharge amount paid by the customer of $82.50.

"The reason for this is that the GST law is not intended to impose an overly burdensome administrative process on service providers for low $ value charges."
Highlighted
Spectator

It does not matter if you are buisness or private, you are entitled to receive a tax invoice, if requested.

I deal with another provider and they email tax invoices for $11.00 per month, just by me checking a tick box on their web-site.

We live in the age of the information super-highway, and being subjected to barrages of:- "Like us on facebook" stuff  so surely it would not be hard to tick a check box!!! and send a email invoice or sumwhere for us to log-on and download them!!

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:4)

Has Boost received a specific ATO ruling for this?

If a business earns more than $75k per year they have to register for GST. If a customer requests a tax invoice it must be provided within 28 days.