Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax invoice for payments

Tax invoice for payments

SOLVED
chevstar
Rookie (LVL:3)

Re: Tax invoice for payments

The online invoice is not a tax invoice. Mobile calls are not GST free. The boost callcentre is refusing to give me a tax invoice.

petermcm

How to I get a paid invoice for my $150 recharge please.

594jessics

Hope you got your receipt. I had to argue with them and quote fair trading's requirements before they agreed to send me one.

594jessics

https://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/trades-and-businesses/business-essentials/selling-goods-and-servi... 

Boost is required to provide a receipt. If they say no, show them this article. I don't know why doesn't Boost just send out an email with receipt after every recharge. Why make it so hard for consumers?

594jessics

So are you sending out tax invoices or even recipients for every recharge over $82.5??

pvandenh
Community Founder

@594jessics wrote:

https://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/trades-and-businesses/business-essentials/selling-goods-and-servi... 

Boost is required to provide a receipt. If they say no, show them this article. I don't know why doesn't Boost just send out an email with receipt after every recharge. Why make it so hard for consumers?

They may be able to provide a "receipt" of payment (upon request). A credit card statement also provides the same evidence.

However, Boost does not need to provide a "tax invoice", as according to ATO, companies are not required to issue a tax invoice where the sale is not taxable. And prepaid phone services are not subject to GST at the time the payment is made.

Some ATO light reading

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.