cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard sim to micro sim

Rookie (LVL:3)

I am a boost customer and have bought a new phone that uses a micro sim. I was advised against cutting the sim. Can i buy a new micro sim pack and have my account changed to the new micro sim?

4 REPLIES 4
Community Founder

Re: Standard sim to micro sim

You will need to call 125 8881 and request a blank sim from Boost customer care. Otherwise you can visit a Telstra store and request a blank Telstra sim from them and then call 125 881 to arrange a SIM swap.
Regards,

Lewis
Rookie (LVL:3)

I went to the Telstra shop and got a blank micro sim and rang Boost customer service. The operator informed me that you couldnt use a Telstra sim but i convinced him to give it a go! Then the problem was the Telstra shop had given me a 4g simcard that you cant use on Boost 3g service. Just a heads up for anyone reading this.

Boost customer service are sending me a blank Boost micro sim.

Community Founder

Hi Tommy.
Just a heads up. They want you to think it doesn't work. I'm using one of those Telstra SIMs for Mt boost service with the obvious bonus of unintended 4G coverage. Try giving them another call back and tell them you have a blank 'boost' sim and you're ready to do a SIM swap.

Let me know if this fails. They may have stopped customers from using blank Telstra sim cards since I undertook my sim swap.
Regards,

Lewis
Community Founder

Telstra want you using the SIM cards in their allocated SIM range. The only difference between Telstra & Boost SIM cards, besides the artwork, is the SIM range. It's an administrative decision, not a technical one.

When Boost launched on Telstra, operators were incorrectly allowing customers to use SIM cards out of the allocated SIM range. It will work, however you'll have access to features you shouldn't and haven't paid for Smiley Happy

So you'll have to wait for the replacement SIM in the mail.