Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending duplicate text messages

stephcat27
Spectator

My new Boost sim (activated 1/11) sends duplicate text messages every time I text outside of iMessage. It does this no matter what network the reciever is on. I have tried a hard rest of my phone, restartitng and resetting the network settings. Specifically it sends 4 x each message.

I have been trying to contact Boost daily since 1/11 to no avail. The support chats take so long tto get a repsonse that they time out. There does not seem to be any selection via phone that gets you through to a real person. The customer service has so far been appauling and I regret switching from Kogan.

If anyone knows how to fix this problem, please let me know. I don't want to ttext people any more as its such a pain for them to recieve four times!

4 REPLIES 4
pvandenh
Community Founder

Re: Sending duplicate text messages

A quick google search indicates this is fairly common issue (globally) with the newer iPhones. Not necessarily a carrier/network issue, but moreso something within the newer iOS that is being problematic.

One of the main suggested fixes is to reset the phones network settings. There are some other suggestions (like checking the iMessage settings), but mostly the network reset does the trick.

Go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings.

You will need to reenter any wifi passwords etc.

If that doesn't work, it is probably best to speak to Apple support directly. They may be able to better assist.

Good luck.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

sarahtheduke
Spectator

Hi there, did you get this problem fixed ?  I so regret changing to boost. My sons iPhone sends me 4 texts now to my note 9 since we both changed. Can't get any help at the moment, it's driving me nuts. 

Cheers 

@stephcat27 wrote:

My new Boost sim (activated 1/11) sends duplicate text messages every time I text outside of iMessage. It does this no matter what network the reciever is on. I have tried a hard rest of my phone, restartitng and resetting the network settings. Specifically it sends 4 x each message.

I have been trying to contact Boost daily since 1/11 to no avail. The support chats take so long tto get a repsonse that they time out. There does not seem to be any selection via phone that gets you through to a real person. The customer service has so far been appauling and I regret switching from Kogan.

If anyone knows how to fix this problem, please let me know. I don't want to ttext people any more as its such a pain for them to recieve four times!

Smiscebt
Spectator

I had this issue they told me to go to settings>messages>send and receive and check and check the phone number being used. It had the new phone number Boost gave me rather than my phone number from my last service provider. I tapped on it and it automatically changed to my old number and the problem went away. I have an iphone

Tucan
Spectator

I tried everything everyone suggested but nothing worked. I ended up turning off iMessage and this seems to have fixed the issue for now.