Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ridiculous joining experience

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

Purchased a prepaid SIM. What a joke of a user experience. A perfect example of either a failed business use-case analysis or lack of. Steps of trying to port from Telstra below:

1. The SIM card packaging instructs user to insert SIM. *Okay, turn off phone, insert Boost SIM, turn phone back on.*
  2. Step 2, activate SIM via boost website. Trying to port from Telstra. Website requires verification that I am the owner of my number so it sends message to my Telstra number.
  3. *Okay now, need to take out Boost SIM and insert Telstra SIM.*
  4. Input SMS verification number into webpage. Okay, verified I am the owner of my Telstra number. Now it asks me to call 125 8881. *Why don't they ask me to skip all of that and call straight away??*
  5. Call 125 8881. Options for porting for Telstra. Robot sends me an SMS and re-directs to the message centre.
  6. Surprise, nobody available. Exact quote: "We value your business. Unfortunately none of our representatives are available at this time. Please continue to browse our site and feel free to use our self-serve options. Thank you!"
  7. *2 days straight, no change. Apparently nobody at Boost is working or Boost has fired everyone of their customer reps due to COVID 19.*
  8. Reached a dead end. Not even an offer to send them an email. I am left with nowhere to air my grievances but on the forums and ACCC. Smiley Sad