Did you mean: 

Receiving MMS- changed from Kogan to Boost - HTC Desire A8183 & Iphone 3

SOLVED
tracy
Rookie (LVL:3)

Hi

I have read some of the posts regarding MMS working on Kogan and not working on Boost.I have a similiar problem.

I can send a picture, but when I receive a picture (presume this is the MMS bit), I have to logon to telstra and enter in username and password to retrieve the picture.

I have a HTC Desire A8183 phone.

I have checked the APN settings for internet and MMS that people have suggested on other question pages, but my settings were as per those and I have not changed or fiddled with anthing since changing from Kogan to Boost.

Everything worked perfectly with Kogan (and I also never had to change any settings when I was with Kogan either).

My husband has the same problem and he has an Iphone 3.

This is totally frustrating. Please can someone help.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pvandenh
Community Founder

Re: Receiving MMS- changed from Kogan to Boost - HTC Desire A8183 & Iphone 3

If you aren't comfortable in playing around with those APN settings, you can get them automatically pushed to your phone. Go to this link. http://configure.telstra.com.au

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
pvandenh
Community Founder

So you both can send MMS, but not receive? What happens if you try sending one to yourself?

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

tracy

Well that's weird.

I just sent myself a picture, and sent and received it no problems at all. Picture came through without getting a message to say login to telstra mms and enter a username password.

When I sent a picture to my husband this morning, I sent the picture fine, but he received the login to telstra mms message too.

This is totally confusing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Glenn
Community Founder

Carolyn had the same problem when sitting over, double check your settings and restart your phone?

See her thread at http://community.boost.com.au/t5/Boost-Mobile-Help-and-Support/MMS-not-working/td-p/1073/jump-to/fir...

tracy

Thanks for that. I did previously look at that message strand and checked my settings. The only thing that is different is the authentication type. My phone defaults to CHAP and on that message is says NONE.

I don't know what CHAP means or authentication type, so I hestitant to change it unless I know what it means

pvandenh
Community Founder

It is the authentication of your mobile service onto the server. Needs to be set, otherwise it will keep denying access.

pvandenh
Community Founder

If you aren't comfortable in playing around with those APN settings, you can get them automatically pushed to your phone. Go to this link. http://configure.telstra.com.au

View solution in original post

tracy

thanks everyone. However, you won't believe this, today I received 2 MMS messages perfectly. I did not change any settings. 

But, I will definitely try the telstra configuration link if I have any further issues.

Again, thanks