Pixel 4XL owner here. Up until this morning, chat features in Android Message app has been working fine. Since this morning, it has stopped. I turned off the feature and turned it on again via messaging settings and now I am getting the error "your operator doesn't support these features".
I have tried the steps in this support article to no avail. Has something gone amiss / Boost stopped supporting RCS?
This week, Google started rolling out their own RCS server to all Australia carriers (so cross-carrier RCS now works). I think Telstra turned their RCS server off as a result.
You may need to reset the messages and carrier services data to have it work correctly.
1. Turn your phone onto Airplane mode
2. Go to your phone Settings > Apps
3. Find the "Messages" (Google) app
4. Force close that app
5. Clear cache + data on the app
6. Find "Carrier Services" app
7. Force close that app
8. Clear cache + data on the app
9. Reboot the phone.
10. Turn off Airplane mode
11. Open Messages > Settings > Chat Features and then follow the prompts to confirm and verify your number for Chat Features (RCS). This step may take a few minutes.
* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.
I have been trying to get RCS to work again on my s20+ 5g. I've done everything. Even boost live chat couldn't help me, let alone who what RCS is. Has anyone got it to work on their S20?