Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCS Messaging support

RCS Messaging support

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

RCS Messaging support

Hello,

I am using a Xiaomi Pocophone F1. I recently switched to Boost and when trying to activate Chat features in the Google Messages app, it gets stuck at "Trying to verify <phone number>...". I have tried restarting my phone, clearing data for Carrier Services and the Messages app, with no luck. Does anyone know if Boost supports RCS? And has anyone else had success with getting chat features to work (and how they did it)

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: RCS Messaging support

RCS was working fine for me until Friday  (02/10/20) but then it disconnected me and now I am also stuck at verifying my mobile number. 

Hopefully they sort this out quickly

Highlighted
Community Founder

RCS still connected and working on my phone (Moto G7). I am using the Google Messages Beta app.

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

Highlighted

What did you do to set up RCS in the app? Did you have the leading 0 in the phone number entering screen (where you pick your country code and then type your phone number)? Also, did you set it up with WiFi on or just 4G?

Highlighted

Mine is now working again. 

It reconnected itself overnight and now has a status of connected

Highlighted

Yeah my RCS just started working randomly this morning as well, it's now connected, however when I try to send a message to someone it still sends as an SMS? Even though they also have RCS connected in the Google messages app. Is it only for Telstra/Boost to Telstra/Boost customers or something?

Highlighted
Community Founder

@gavinj2600 wrote:

Is it only for Telstra/Boost to Telstra/Boost customers or something?

I think so. I don't believe the various networks can send to each other.

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/