Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting

Porting

lauraf1986
Rookie (LVL:3)

Porting

I know there have been a lot of issues with people trying to port from Kogan to Boost and it taking days/weeks, but I completed the porting from on Sunday 8th Sept from Optus to Boost and it still hasn't ported yet. Are the issues with porting from Kogan to Boost holding up porting from other providers as well?

5 REPLIES 5
pvandenh
Community Founder

Re: Porting

Shouldn't be. Are you 100% the details were an exact match on both networks. Any typos on either side can cause problems (most of the Kogan issues were a result of Kogan end capturing details wrong). Might be worth talking to Optus to double check your details on that side are exactly right, and if they are, then contact Boost again to see if they can see any reasons to the delay.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

lauraf1986
Rookie (LVL:3)

Thanks so much for the reply! I used the live chat to try and work out what happened. They mentioned the number failed to port because it is not currently active (which it is currently active with Optus). They are now looking into it.
After a bit of research I found an article saying your number won't port if you use the online form, only if you call to activate and I did mine online. Hopefully they will be able to rectify now they have my details!

pvandenh
Community Founder

I think the online form is fine. It is only reasonably new, that form (maybe 2 weeks since launch).

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

CJNET24
Community Founder

The Boost online activation is only for activations of new numbers. Porting requires a call to 1258881 or Live Chat
CORY | I do not work for Boost or Telstra.

Boost Care: 125 8881 or 1800 026 678 . Or Live Chat 24x7: http://livechat.boost.com.au
pvandenh
Community Founder

There is an online porting form now too. Link is on the same page as activation.