Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overseas roaming

Overseas roaming

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

Overseas roaming

I recently returned from overseas where I visited Toronto, Dublin and Iceland. I had already purchased a Bolt-on prior to leaving Oz.   At Toronto & Dublin I initially got a welcome message from Telstra. However I found I could only use the phone as normal to make calls when I had WiFi on and was connected to an ISP.  When no WiFi, there was no service. At no stage while o/seas could I use the phone without first having a valid WiFi connection. I sent an email to Boost and got an auto reply saying my issue would receive attention. Nothing further was heard. I later sent another email but still no reply.

I have a Moto G3 and I feel sure I have all necessary settings set correctly.

In this instance I ended up using Viber to make my calls as I consider the Bolt-on was a waste of money. If anyone has any ideas as to resolving this problem I would be really grateful to hear them.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Overseas roaming

HI Ralph199.

That's a bit of an odd one, I'm sorry to hear you had these troubles with your Boost international roaming. Without being familiar with your device, if you applied the Bolt on and got the welcome messages, then you should have been able to make and receive calls and SMS while overseas. 

As this is a forum and I cannot see your personal Boost service and account information for privacy reasons, I would recommend you follow up with Boost directly on 125 8881 (8am-9pm, 7 days) or on live chat (24hrs, 7 days) so they can check to see if there was anything on the account level that caused the restrictions on your service. 

Regards -

Thanks Tommy. I did as you suggested. They couldn't really explain why I had the problems but acknowleged sometimes problems do occur with o/seas roaming. They said because they couldn't fix the problem they would reimburse the cost of the two Bolt-Ons I had purchased.   In the circumstances I thought that was a fair outcome. Thanks again.

5 REPLIES
Community Manager

HI Ralph199.

That's a bit of an odd one, I'm sorry to hear you had these troubles with your Boost international roaming. Without being familiar with your device, if you applied the Bolt on and got the welcome messages, then you should have been able to make and receive calls and SMS while overseas. 

As this is a forum and I cannot see your personal Boost service and account information for privacy reasons, I would recommend you follow up with Boost directly on 125 8881 (8am-9pm, 7 days) or on live chat (24hrs, 7 days) so they can check to see if there was anything on the account level that caused the restrictions on your service. 

Regards -

Thanks Tommy. I did as you suggested. They couldn't really explain why I had the problems but acknowleged sometimes problems do occur with o/seas roaming. They said because they couldn't fix the problem they would reimburse the cost of the two Bolt-Ons I had purchased.   In the circumstances I thought that was a fair outcome. Thanks again.

Community Manager

Thanks for the update Ralph199, good to see the Boost Support team got you sorted. 

Regards - 

MJ2
Spectator

Hi Kudos, I am currently in Bali and bought the $15 Bolt On before I left Australia, however I do not have service. I have been searching for the online chat facility to Boost from my iPad, but cannot find the link. Are you able to send it to me here?

Community Manager

Hi MJ2. 

You can contact Boost via this link to live chat (24hrs, 7 days).

The reason you are having difficulty is that Boost Mobile international roaming is not supported in Bali. You can find this information on the "Our Rates" page by scrolling down to the "International Roaming" section and scrolling through the list of available countries. 

Regards -