Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving all incoming mobile calls, especially from Vodafone Mobiles

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:4)

I have ported my number from AldiMobile to Boost Mobile, unlimited $40 plan, the porting process was apparently successful. I am receiving calls from landlines, and most mobiles. However, am not receiving mobile calls from Vodafone numbers in particular. Vodafone users that call me receive a notification to either check the number or the service is disconnected.

The port was completed and verified with the help desk approximately 24hours ago and still can't receive all calls.

I have restarted the phone, removed sim and battery, and nothing, please help. This is a deal breaker if it continues.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Community Founder

Re: Not receiving all incoming mobile calls, especially from Vodafone Mobiles

@ddeb18 wrote:

I have ported my number from AldiMobile to Boost Mobile, unlimited $40 plan, the porting process was apparently successful. I am receiving calls from landlines, and most mobiles. However, am not receiving mobile calls from Vodafone numbers in particular. Vodafone users that call me receive a notification to either check the number or the service is disconnected.

The port was completed and verified with the help desk approximately 24hours ago and still can't receive all calls.

I have restarted the phone, removed sim and battery, and nothing, please help. This is a deal breaker if it continues.

this is what you can do,

have you attempted  calling them? can you call Vodafone users jsut fine?

If yes,

Contact Boost and immediately request for an escalation once they have connected you to technical support.

so that they can forward this to the level 2 tech support team .

Request for a ticket number as a reference for the escalation and it usually starts with TT..

The reason why it is happening because ALDI which ispowered by Vodafone, there are times the full profile of your number was not completely trasferred to Boost Telstra. that i sa higher level of tech support has to investigate this for you.

If you were able to get the answer pls don't forget to mark the post as an Accepted Solution. If you also found someone helpful do not forget to give them Kudos to show your appreciation." None of us here are working for Boost or Telstra we are just here to help and share.
-nefy-
Highlighted

Thanks Nefy.

I can call the Vodafone mobile, I can send them sms messages. But can't recieve sms or phone calls, which is really strange.

I will escalate to Lev2 support thanks for the advice.

P.S. Aldimobile should be with Telstra, similar agreement to Kogan/and I thought Boost.

Highlighted
Community Founder

@ddeb18 wrote:

P.S. Aldimobile should be with Telstra, similar agreement to Kogan/and I thought Boost.

You are correct. AldiMobile is on the Telstra network also.

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

Highlighted
Community Founder

@pvandenh wrote:

@ddeb18 wrote:

You are correct. AldiMobile is on the Telstra network also.

yup i stand corrected.. Aldi is indeed under the tekstra wholesale.. but they only access a part of the Telstra network unlike us...Boost..

If you were able to get the answer pls don't forget to mark the post as an Accepted Solution. If you also found someone helpful do not forget to give them Kudos to show your appreciation." None of us here are working for Boost or Telstra we are just here to help and share.
-nefy-
Highlighted
Community Founder

@ddeb18 wrote:

Thanks Nefy.

I can call the Vodafone mobile, I can send them sms messages. But can't recieve sms or phone calls, which is really strange.

I will escalate to Lev2 support thanks for the advice.

i stand corrected ddeb18.. Yes ALDI is still using a par tof the Telstra Network.  I think i was referring to Kogan.. Boost is not similar to this as we are not resellers.. we are direct partners with telstra, that is why Boost has full access to Telstra 3g network.

-nefy-
Highlighted

Well my issue is still not resolved, I started the porting process with boost on Sunday night, Sim activated on Monday morning, and can not receive calls or SMS from Vodafone mobiles, this is ridiculous. Mulitple chats with support, multiple promises that this would be resolved and that I would receive a call from someone, no calls and no resolutions.

I am having similar problems to the person on this forum:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2249019

My port was longer than 72hours or 3 business days, and it doesn't seem like I am any closer. It is has been in excess of 72hours since I raised my first technical support request, and have heard nothing.

Someone from Boost please respond, I don't want to have to go to the ombudsman and start launching formal complaints, or start posting my issue on social media, I just want this resolved.

Highlighted
Community Founder

@ddeb18 wrote:

Well my issue is still not resolved, I started the porting process with boost on Sunday night, Sim activated on Monday morning, and can not receive calls or SMS from Vodafone mobiles, this is ridiculous. Mulitple chats with support, multiple promises that this would be resolved and that I would receive a call from someone, no calls and no resolutions.

My port was longer than 72hours or 3 business days, and it doesn't seem like I am any closer. It is has been in excess of 72hours since I raised my first technical support request, and have heard nothing.

Someone from Boost please respond, I don't want to have to go to the ombudsman and start launching formal complaints, or start posting my issue on social media, I just want this resolved.

Have you contacted technical support and requested to be escalated with tech support team?

you have to make sure you are connected to Telstra's tech support team, and request for an escalation so that they can create a "trouble Ticket" and this will be forwarded to next level of tech support.  for your guarantee that it has been escalated request for a reference number that starts with "TT"

-nefy-
Highlighted
Community Founder

@ddeb18 wrote:

Have you contacted technical support and requested to be escalated with tech support team?

-nefy-
Highlighted

I escalated to the technical support team on Tuesday, who told me 72hours, that was a bit over 3 days ago.. Again they have told me within 24hours someone will contact me.

I have now used your advice and asked to be escalated to Telstra support, don't think the "manager" i am chatting to knows what he is doing, or who to escalate to.  Thanks