cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not RECEIVING all SMS messages

Rookie (LVL:3)

I changed from an old Samsung to a BOOST Zume 5 recently and soon discovered I wasn't getting the SMS messages sent to me when the phone was off or in flight mode. I spoke to Boost about it however nothing has changed. ZTE did not respond to my email. Any suggestions?
4 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Not RECEIVING all SMS messages

Hi viking337, 

That's no good. 

To make sure I understand the issue you are experiencing - are you saying that you get SMS when the phone is turned on, but if you put it in airplane mode or turn off, any SMS sent in the time your device was offline do not come through when you turn off flight mode or turn your device back on?

What did Boost advise specifically when you contacted them?

Regards - 

Yes you understand correctly and thanks for the response. Boost technical assistance said they would reset my account. I did a quick test while on a landline with them with my mobile offline, which did work at the time. Long periods being offline seem to be the problem.
Community Manager

Hi viking337, 

It could be that there is a fault with the SIM card or the actual phone itself which is causing the problem. 

Do you have spare phone you can put the SIM card in to see if the problem persists in a different device? I would try this first to and if the problem persists whilst in a different phone, you may need to get a new SIM card. You can get a new SIM and keep the same numbers. 

You can go online and purchase a SIM card directly from the Boost Website Shop or you can also find your closest Boost Retailer to purchase a SIM.

If you still have trouble there might be a problem with you phone itself in which case you can take it to be repaired. 

Otherwise I would recommend that you chat to Boost Support again on 125 8881 (8am-9pm, 7 days), advise them that the issue is still occurring to see what they can do further to assist. 

Let us know how you go.

Regards - 

Thanks for the suggestions. Already tried a different phone and know it's not the SIM. The phone is new and cheap (& nasty?) from Boost too, so repair is not really practical. Thought others may be experiencing this issue, and could shed some light on how to rectify it. I did buy a spare handset because of the very cheap price offered by the local Coles a few months ago. I might try that handset if I really start to lose sleep over not getting my offline SMS... only really annoyed a few people I know of so far. Apps like WhatsApp, Line and WeChat still work by sending through offline data. ZTE don't seem to be bothered by answering their emails, so I hope this spreads the word and consumers can make up their own mind.