Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No NETWORK SERVICE BARS IN BOOST SIM

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

HI, I DO NOT SEE ANY NETWORK BARS ON MY MOBILE PHONE. I MISS MOST OF THE INCOMING CALLS AND TEXTS.HAVE TRIED CONTACTING BOOST CUSTOMER SUPPORT SEVERAL TIMES OVER THE LAST FOUR MONTHS AND FILLED OUT THE FORM RECIEVED VIA AN SMS LINK.BUT NO ONE FROM BOOST MOBILE HAS TRIED TO CONTACT ME YET. WILL APPRECIATE SOMEONE LOOKING INTO IT URGENTLY. THANKS

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Founder

Re: No NETWORK SERVICE BARS IN BOOST SIM

What make/model phone are you using?

And in what town/postcode?

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

Highlighted

Hi, I have Samsung Galaxy S6 and I am in Murrumbeena/3163 suburb of Melbourne. I never had any such problem before (even in the previous year when I had the Boost pre-paid service). I was expecting at least someone from Boost would return my call(s). Thanks

Highlighted
Community Founder

While that phone is missing some of the crucial 4G bands for the current Telstra network, it should still be able to use 3G 850mhz band fo voice calls (note that 3G 850mhz band is getting turned off in the next couple years, so may need replacement in the future).

I think the issue you are currently seeing may be related to Telstra network maintenence in that area. Currently the maintenence is estimated to be finished by November 3rd.

https://outages.telstra.com.au/#/mobile?address=MURRUMBEENA,%203163%20VIC

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

Highlighted

Thanks for the reply. Please note the issue has been ongoing since July this year so I don't think it was always due to the Telstra maintenance. And by the way, just to check the signal bars, I used another provider's SIM in my phone, and it showed all the bars. So that proves my phone is alright, it is just the Boost Mobile SIM. Hope you can understnad my pain and help to resolve this issue without any further delay. Thank you