Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing LTE band 28 (700MHz) on iphone

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

I have an iPhone 5s TD-LTE A1530 16GB which according to this website doesn't support LTE band 28 (700MHz) for 4G access:
https://www.frequencycheck.com/compatibility/EKvIA/apple-iphone-5s-td-lte-a1530-16gb-apple-iphone-6-...

what are the implications of this? I read in the "Critical Information Summary" that Boost Mobile needs TE band 3 (1800MHz) and band 28 (700MHz) for 4G access. Does that mean I won't have 4G access on my iphone if I switch to boost mobile? What about incoming calls? Will people sometimes not be able to phone me because my phone can't listen on that specific frequency band? I had this problem on my old phone when I was with my old carrier.

thanks,
Clinton

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Missing LTE band 28 (700MHz) on iphone

Thanks Tommy,

I can confirm that the iPhone 5s does support the 4G network.

After doing my own research I can confirm that Telstra's Base Transceiver Stations ( the thingy you phone connects to) will fall back on the other frequency bands if it notices your device is not compatible with a given frequency.

Thought I would share for others who have similar concerns
2 REPLIES
Community Manager

Hi crazySquid1, 

The iPhone 5 is a LTE 4G device compatible with the Telstra 4G network. As Boost runs on Telstra's 4G network, you will be able to get 4G in you are in a 4G coverage area. You can find more information about our Telstra 4G coverage at: https://www.telstra.com.au/coverage-networks/our-coverage

Regards - 

Thanks Tommy,

I can confirm that the iPhone 5s does support the 4G network.

After doing my own research I can confirm that Telstra's Base Transceiver Stations ( the thingy you phone connects to) will fall back on the other frequency bands if it notices your device is not compatible with a given frequency.

Thought I would share for others who have similar concerns