Message2Text Service while overseas

Message2Text Service while overseas

SOLVED
johnbrennanlive
Professional (LVL:4)

Re: Message2Text Service while overseas

Thanks, Nefy,

What you are saying is this:

1. Cancel the Auto Recharge just before I leave for overseas.

2. Purchase a $10 Add-On just before I leave for overseas.

3. When the end of the month ticks over while I am overseas, my credit will be $10.

4. I will automatically be on International Roaming at a very high rate?????

5. When I return to Australia my credit will still be $10 minus IR costs.

Will I be able to use the remainder of that credit for the remainder of that month while back in Australia?

OR

Do I have to top-up?

Kind regards
johnbrennanlive
nefy
Community Founder

1. you cancel the Auto recharge only if you are stil OUT of the country on the selected date for your auto recharge.

2. Yes. It is always safe to recharge on the day of your travel.

3. when you have successfully recharged $10 here in Australia or overseas, your main balance will be $10.

4. as soon as you leave the country and you use its service, like receiving phone calls and making phone calls, including sending sms, yes you will be on the International Roaming rates. 

5. as long as you have not used the services for international roaming you will still have that $10 on your main balance even if you return.

when you return to Australia the $10 can still be used for phone calls at 10c per minute. $2mb/data if you no longer have the data for the $10.  also you will not be able to send sms with the $10 ADDONs. Unless your UNLTD recharge from before has not yet expired. 

If you were able to get the answer pls don't forget to mark the post as an Accepted Solution. If you also found someone helpful do not forget to give them Kudos to show your appreciation." None of us here are working for Boost or Telstra we are just here to help and share.
-nefy-
johnbrennanlive

You and Pvandenh seem to know more about this than anyone. Even more than Boost themselves. How is this so?

Kind regards
johnbrennanlive
pvandenh
Community Founder

Mostly from experieince while travelling for me.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

johnbrennanlive

Just one other thing.

In your article, you mentioned Call Forwarding Options. I could not find these in my phone.

An extract from your article:

You should have a menu option for Call Settings. You want to find the Call Forwading options.

Normally (say if you have Messagebank/voicemail running) it will be as per below:

Always forward = Disabled

Forward when busy = Forward to +61101

Forward when unanswered = Forward to +61101

Forward when anreachable = Forward to +61101

Where do these options appear?

It's a BOOST thing and not so much a device thing, correct?

I could not find anywhere in my settings on my device where it addressed Call Forward.

So we have to go online into BOOST to make the change, correct?

Kind regards
johnbrennanlive
johnbrennanlive

This is what you wrote:

When roaming overseas, I simply modify the first option to:

Always forward = +61 418 707 111

This setting will grey out all the other options below it.

* You can dial a number to enable that setting quickly. Dial **21*+61418707111*10#.

Kind regards
johnbrennanlive
johnbrennanlive

* You can dial a number to enable that setting quickly. Dial **21*+61418707111*10#.

So just confirming that it is a BOOST thing and NOT a Device thing? Correct?

Kind regards
johnbrennanlive
pvandenh
Community Founder

Dial that number. It will basically do the call forward settings for you. Trial it now, and then call your mobile from another number, and then you will hear what it sounds like to callers.

**21*+61418707111*10# sets you phone to "Always forward to Message2Txt".

##21**10# sets your phone back to how you had it before that (normal).

Personally, I just save those numbers as a contact on my phone. I name them "Roaming divert" and "Normal divert". Makes it easy to set it on/off, just by selecting and dialing the contact.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

View solution in original post

johnbrennanlive

@pvandenh wrote:

Personally, I just save those numbers as a contact on my phone. I name them "Roaming divert" and "Normal divert". Makes it easy to set it on/off, just by selecting and dialing the contact.

Thank you pvandenh that is exactly what I will do.

I will save the numbers and give them a name, just like what you do.

Saves having to go into SETTINGS.

Thank you for your help.

My problem was this:

I can access SETTINGS>My Device>Call>Additional Settings>Call Forwarding on my MAIN phone.

While I am overseas my MAIN phone will be ON all the time.

It will have an overseas SIM in it.

I can NOT access SETTINGS>Device>Call Forwarding on my POCKET phone.

While I am overseas my POCKET phone will be OFF most of the time.

It will have my BOOST SIM in it.

Therefore your solution of saving the roaming numbers as contacts is a great idea, that I will follow.

Thank you once again.

Kind regards
johnbrennanlive
CJNET24
Community Founder

The Message2txt option when you set diversion to +61418707111 is 10 seconds anyway, there is no changing this. It's the only message recording length available and cannot be changed. It's just the free version MessageBank which is via +61101.

With Boost and Telstra if you switch off MessageBank, the network will switch your diversion settings to Message2txt. If you want neither so if someone calls it will ring for the absolute maximum of 60 seconds before the caller gets a no answer/out of range message. You will not get a text message from Boost about it. Only your phone will report a missing call and the name and or number of the callers number is not blocked.
CORY | I do not work for Boost or Telstra.

Boost Care: 125 8881 or 1800 026 678 . Or Live Chat 24x7: http://livechat.boost.com.au