Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live chat

Live chat

KT
Rookie (LVL:3)

Re: Live chat

I was having similar problems from my laptop, then discovered why I wasn't seeing the link. I'm posting this in the hope that it helps others in a similar situation.

Within my browser (Firefox), I had Javascript disabled via an extension called NoScript, an adblocker (uBlock Origin) turned on, and pop-up windows disabled (via preferences in Firefox). When I allowed the Boost site to work with all three of these, then the clickable button for livechat appeared on the main "help" page on Boost's site, and the livechat session began in a popup window. Other browsers for most systems (Chrome, Safari, etc.) often have similar settings to the above, which can be tweaked accordingly.

(Side note 1: It seems that Boost / Telstra have upgraded their livechat platform since last time I used it - I don't remember being bamboozled in getting the old livechat system to work, as I temporarily was with this new one

Side note 2: It seems like a design flaw in Boost's help page as at July 2017 that there is not a workable fallback in place to detect that Javascript / pop-ups etc are being blocked in the user's browser, and prompting them to enable these for the site to work fully - if the user is not aware of this, they have no obvious way of knowing that their browser settings need to be adjusted).

Cheers,

KT.

Spectator

Hi

Hi there
Spectator

I’m trying to add on data but the page won’t open 

Community Manager

Hey @Ri4891

Sorry for the trouble with the add-on data page and I can see that there are some suggestions above, such as disabling ad/pop-up blockers that may help you. I would also recommend clearing your browser cache and cookies, in case there is any caching issues causing this for you.

If you're still having trouble after trying these options, please let us know.

Thanks

thankyou so much. appreciate your help

Spectator

Hi
Rookie (LVL:4)

I neex help with qitchong my phone to a another used phone
Rookie (LVL:4)

Hey
Spectator

Hey If I want to Move to a family plan but my due day is the 10 of next month and the person that am adding is suspended due to not balance what Can I so that both lines Work