cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotspotting

Hotspotting

Rookie (LVL:4)

Hotspotting

When I try and use my phone to hotspot it won't connect the device to the internet.
9 REPLIES 9
Champion (LVL:1)

Re: Hotspotting

Is the device connecting to the phones network?
---

Yes it connects to phone, then when I try to open an app it tells me network error.

What phone are you using?
What apn is the phone set to, that will be listed under mobile data settings.
---

I am using an android phone. The APN is Telstra.WAP.

That is strange. There is no reason that shouldn’t be working then. Maybe check the settings in the device you are trying to tether to, make sure it doesn’t have manual IP or proxies or anything setup as that could stop it, try deleting and reconnecting, and if still nothing try resetting the network connections on the device you are trying to tether to.
---

I tried all of that. The 1st attempt after doing all of that appears like its about to connect, then its like it drops out and says network error.

This happens when trying to tether to an iPad and also a laptop.
Spectator

I'm having the exact same problem. Tried everything but it still doesn't want to connect. I tried connecting to a laptop and also an iPad and still have the same problem

Yes it is something in Boosts system settings but they won't admit it. There is another post from back in 2015 about the same problem. All the comments on that thread had the same issue. I don't know why they won't just fix it.
Tags (1)