Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GST on Boost recharge

GST on Boost recharge

Sol
Amateur (LVL:2)

GST on Boost recharge

Is there any GST charge on the $20 or $40 recharge.

Is it posible to get a tax Invoice?

5 REPLIES 5
CJNET24
Community Founder

Re: GST on Boost recharge

Hi there Sol

As Boost is a service, I would think there's GST applied, but due to the amounts on the recharge denominations being less than what's required to provide a Tax Invoice - no there are no tax invoices. Your credit card statement or physical recharge vouchers, or PayPal records serve as proof of purchase and are in affect an invoice.

Boost being a pre-paid mobile phone service, a Tax Invoice does not fit the description of the service provided by Boost.

CORY | I do not work for Boost or Telstra.

Boost Care: 125 8881 or 1800 026 678 . Or Live Chat 24x7: http://livechat.boost.com.au
pvandenh
Community Founder

There is no GST applied on prepaid phone plans. If you buy it over the counter (say Coles/Woolies, JB Hifi, etc), you will see GST is $0.00.

With Boost, the only way to get a invoice/receipt, is if you buy your recharges over the counter and keep the receipt from that transaction.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

nefy
Community Founder

$20 and $40 recharge does not have GST as they do not have a real value. 

the only time that you will have GST is that if you have recharge Addons and cosnumed it for a total of $82.50.

ADDONS of Boost is of a real value so automatically it has GST. 

If you were able to get the answer pls don't forget to mark the post as an Accepted Solution. If you also found someone helpful do not forget to give them Kudos to show your appreciation." None of us here are working for Boost or Telstra we are just here to help and share.
-nefy-
Zerubabel
Spectator

Thanks for your post.

What about ling expiry?

I just purchased a $ 200 plan and could not get a gst invoice. No matter i spoke on chat, all i got was a run around

Any ideas?

Thanks

pvandenh
Community Founder

GST only applies (for the customer) where there is a call rate. And only applies after the calls have been made (end of the prepaid period).

So with no call rate applied (as it is unlimited calls), the GST applied is 0. 

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.