cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Directory assistance number

Spectator

I haven't got a number for directory assistance ..... Help .......
10 REPLIES 10
Community Founder

Re: Directory assistance number

Boost UNLTD excludes calls to most "12" numbers. You would need "add on " credit also to call those numbers.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

Community Founder

@Menace wrote:
I haven't got a number for directory assistance ..... Help .......

Directory assistance is not part of your UNLTD offer.

You can also check this link.

http://community.boost.com.au/t5/Boost-Mobile-Help-and-Support/FYI-Directory-Assistance-Charges/m-p/...

But to answer your question Boost has 2 Directory assistance numbers;  1223 and 1234, However, calls to these numbers requires Boost ADDON recharge on your account in which it ranges to $5, $15 , and $25.

1223 Telstra Directory Assistance

- 50c per call (flat rate). In addition, a connection fee of 99c also applies to successful and attempted connection to the number requested

1234 A 'personally assisted search' service (Call or SMS the service)

- Calls from Telstra Pre-Paid mobiles cost $1.90 per call plus standard Pre-Paid mobile call connection charge and airtime charges of 80c per minute (charged per second). In addition, a connection fee of 99c also applies to successful and attempted connection to a number requested. Standard Telstra Pre-Paid mobile charges and call connection will apply to the connected call.

For SMS, Telstra Pre-Paid customers will be charged $1.90 per request to the 1234 SMS service.

1225 Directory Assistance – International

- $1.65 per call (flat rate).

- now if these sounds expensive for you..

You can access yellowpages.com.au to find the numbers, or try to access WhereIs http://m.whereis.com/

If you were able to get the answer pls don't forget to mark the post as an Accepted Solution. If you also found someone helpful do not forget to give them Kudos to show your appreciation." None of us here are working for Boost or Telstra we are just here to help and share.
-nefy-
Spectator

Its really stupid that you cant get directory assistance with UNLTD Boost. Something should be done about this silly situation.
Community Founder

@sheryl wrote:
Its really stupid that you cant get directory assistance with UNLTD Boost. Something should be done about this silly situation.

Why do you find that stupid? Directory assitance are operated some by third party operators like 1234, telstra/Boost has to pay them as well.

That is the reason why telstra came up with 1223 so you can get a cheaper rate for directory assitance..

Why do you need directory assitance if you could just look for the numbers via yellowpages.com.au

if you need business numbers why don't you look for it via Whereis.com or just google it.

It is a matter of trying to be resourceful..

If you were able to get the answer pls don't forget to mark the post as an Accepted Solution. If you also found someone helpful do not forget to give them Kudos to show your appreciation." None of us here are working for Boost or Telstra we are just here to help and share.
-nefy-
Spectator

(Why not google it. it is a matter of trying to be resourceful.)

This  is a completely ignorant remark to make. 

I have just switched over from Optus due to lack of reception in my local area. Optus pre-paid (which is a basement standard provider) have directory assistance covered in their service, so why can't boost??.. 

Surely boost can just bill the nominated rate for the call against whatever credit the customer has...

Why would you go to the trouble of having to trawl through apps., which can take a substantial amount of time, when you could easily ring a directory assistance number and be connected within seconds. This is 2014 after all...

Also apparantly as it stands the only way to get credit to call directory assistance with boost is to purcahse add-ons, with the minimum being $5 which expires within 5 days. So if the only extra thing i need in my service is to call directory assistance (which it is!), i have to pay a whopping $5 for the privilege?!?!? only to have the credit expire in 5 days..

So say hypothetically i want to call directory assistance on the 5th of the month - it costs me $5 for that, i have no other need for the additional credit. then on the 21st i need to call directory assistance again - bam another $5... or i pay a completely ridiculous $25 for a measly 15 days just for directory assistance??

Or as you say, i could just spend ages downloading apps., then trawling through them, chewing up my data just to do what an operator could in seconds..

Community Founder

Have you tried Boost yet?

It is designed for a specific type of use, and extra services cost extra. Premium calls/sms, International Calls, and Directory Assistance are not covered under the first UNLTD deal. Similar plans on other provider actually also exclude 13/1300 calls (where Boost includes them).

And a app (yellow pages or white pages app), uses practically zero time/data in usage.

In reality, add on credit expires at the same time your UNLTD credit does, and will even roll over to the next month if you make sure you UNLTD credit doesn't expire. I am still using the same $5 add on credit that I applied in March 2014.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

Rookie (LVL:3)

My husband is a quadriplegic and can't sue his hands.  He can only use a knuckle to press numbers, there is no way he'd be able to type to search for something on a website on his mobile.  I'm sure he's not the only one that not having a directory assistance number for is outrageously inconvenience.

Rookie (LVL:3)

AND I'm super frustrated that I have been on live chat with Boost for over 20 minutes, to do different chat support, and STILL getting no answers on this directory assistance issue ... this is the worst situation I've seen in regards to boost, and it's really important, directory assistance is a necessity!

Champion (LVL:1)

You should be able to make calls to directory assistance however as they are not included in the unlimited calls you would need a bolt on to have the credit value for it to work. It doesn't exclude assisted calls (12x) from working just excluded from the unlimited calls. 

---