Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make or receive calls

Rookie (LVL:3)

Hello,

I recently bought an Honor 7X and I've been having some issues with making and receiving calls. I can use my mobile data and SMS just fine. My phone supports the following bands:

4G LTE TDD: B40/B41

4G LTE FDD: B1/B3/B5

3G WCDMA: B1/B8

2G GSM: B3/B8

Upon inspection, it seems as though the Telstra network supports these. However, I cannot make or receive any calls. I seem to nearly always have 0 bars yet can SMS and browse the internet just fine. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

3 REPLIES
Champion (LVL:1)

Re: Cannot make or receive calls

Your issues are that the phone will not work with VoLTE (voice-over 4G) and it does not support 3G 850Mhz (band B8 is 900Mhz) which is Telstra's band for 3G. So when you try to make a call it will try to revert to 3G to make the call but won't be able to connect to 3G which is why the call will fail. 

---
Rookie (LVL:3)

DrQ Thanks for the reply. I've been doing some testing and it seems that I can make and receive calls just fine in a town that is approximately 40km from my hometown. However, when I make a call I get a pop up which states "Sim 1: Conditional call forwarding enabled." I only have 1 sim in my phone. Would this have anything to do with the issue? Many thanks.

Champion (LVL:1)

It is possible that particular town is in the smaller and less common 1800Mhz coverage area, as your phone does support 3G 1800Mhz so in the selected areas that have this it will work on that frequency. It is mostly in more built up areas to help boost the signal rather then the 850Mhz which is the overall standard used almost everywhere.
---