Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make or receive calls on honor 9n

SOLVED
Highlighted
Amateur (LVL:1)

I have an Honor 9N phone. Just yesterday I bought a boost sim worth $150. I got an email confirmation that it's active, but I can't make calls. Texts and Internet work fine.

(I did some research to find there might be a frequency mismatch between my phone and boost network.)

How do I solve this problem? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Founder

Re: Can't make or receive calls on honor 9n

@Newboostuser1 wrote:

I have an Honor 9N phone. Just yesterday I bought a boost sim worth $150. I got an email confirmation that it's active, but I can't make calls. Texts and Internet work fine.

(I did some research to find there might be a frequency mismatch between my phone and boost network.)

The Honor 9N  is only able to to use 3G bands 900mhz and 2100mhz.

You need 3G band 850mhz for Telstra network. And their main 4G band is 700mhz (known as band 28). That phone model has neither of those bands compatible, so will mostly not be suitable for Telstra network.

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

Did you contact where you bought the product?Or it could be the fault of your ringtones system.

Highlighted
Community Founder

@Newboostuser1 wrote:

The Honor 9N  is only able to to use 3G bands 900mhz and 2100mhz.

You need 3G band 850mhz for Telstra network. And their main 4G band is 700mhz (known as band 28). That phone model has neither of those bands compatible, so will mostly not be suitable for Telstra network.

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

View solution in original post