Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANNOT RECEIVE CALLS on iphone6 but can make calls and make and receive texts

CANNOT RECEIVE CALLS on iphone6 but can make calls and make and receive texts

SOLVED
Squirt
Rookie (LVL:4)

Re: CANNOT RECEIVE CALLS on iphone6 but can make calls and make and receive texts

Vic88 thanks for that. I've turned 4G to data only & I'll give tech support a call later to suggest the VoLte thing!

Ducks if you have same problem you can at least make the call, they can then text you back to get you to call them again if required?
Squirt

Re: CANNOT RECEIVE CALLS on iphone6 but can make calls and make and receive texts

ALL FIXED!!! I CAN RECEIVE CALLS!!! YAY!!!😁😁😁

Vic88, well I AM THANKING YOU LATER!!! You were right about VoLte. It had been manually turned on by them (shouldn't be as I'm prepaid and atm it's only for postpaid). If it's not automatically provisioned it can cause misalignments causing the inability to receive calls. Turning it off at their end has fixed the problem. I was however able to keep Enable 4G Voice & Data ON. I asked and was told to have it on so out it back on & it works so that's all that matters!!! Thank you again Vic88, you've done your good deed for the day!! Cheers mate!😉😊
Vic88
Rookie (LVL:3)

Your very welcome- I'm glad it's working

CJNET24
Community Founder

You realise that Aldi Mobile also uses the Telstra network?
CORY | I do not work for Boost or Telstra.

Boost Care: 125 8881 or 1800 026 678 . Or Live Chat 24x7: http://livechat.boost.com.au
CJNET24
Community Founder

I can only assume you tried to transfer your Telstra number to Boost on a starter kit SIM. It's hard to believe customer service failed to advise this is not how you bring a number to Boost from Telstra. Activating online clearly states you need to contact Boost to have a blank SIM sent out because you can't port from Telstra to Boost as it's the same network.

Not sure how it was 'sort of' worked around to get you the service you had at transfer or how they're going to put it right. But I do know it all begins with that blank SIM that's coming to you in the mail.

Hope it all goes well.
CORY | I do not work for Boost or Telstra.

Boost Care: 125 8881 or 1800 026 678 . Or Live Chat 24x7: http://livechat.boost.com.au
Rego

Squirt, who did you call and what did you ask? I've spoken with telstra tech support numerous times yesterday and today but they keep telling me VoLTE isn't for prepaid so it's automatically turned off. I've explained your situation but they won't listen. We activated the new sim today and it still doesn't work. I'm about to put a complaint into the ombudsman cause I've had enough and spent way too many hours in the last week trying to get the problem fixed.

Squirt

Sorry to hear that Rego. I hear you re the time wasted in dealing with this!!!
I just rang the 1258881 Boost number & chose the technical support option.
I was also told the same as you were that VoLte is not turned on for prepaid. So the lady was going to leave it there and I'd have to wait for the escalation tech support team to call me in 7-10 days. So I asked her to PLEASE go into my account and actually check that VoLte was off. Lucky for me she did and she could see it was manually switched on which caused the problems.
If I were you Rego I would call them back one last time and INSIST they look at your account, I know from past experience that it's a time consuming process to go to ombudsmen, so give it another go. I made a note of the name and number of the operator who helped me. Her name was Elli 0292134900, so maybe try that number direct? Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Petebart

It appears that this is a common problem when porting to Boost. I recently transferred from Amaysim and my issue is identical to yours. I'm now regretting transferring and will be advising others to avoid Boost like the plague
Petebart

You are an absolute legend. I had the same problem and by contacting Boost and asking them to turn off VoLTE fixed my issue. VoLTE is automatically switched on for post paid customers but by turning VoLTE off for pre paid customers fixed my problem and I can now receive incoming calls
Squirt

Yeehaa Petebart!!! Feels good to be back in the game hey!!!