Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANNOT RECEIVE CALLS on iphone6 but can make calls and make and receive texts

SOLVED
Squirt
Rookie (LVL:4)

I joined Boost on Fri, porting my number over from Vodafone. I've got an unlocked iphone6.
Upon activation, I checked I could make calls & texts, & have been able to receive texts, but I forgot to check if I could receive calls. Turns out I can't! When the caller dials me, they can't hear it ringing it just goes to that beeping sound like when the line is dead. It doesn't ring at all on my mobile and doesn't show as a missed call. It also does not go to voicemail.
It's strange to me that I can make and receive texts, have no dramas with data use, & I can make calls, yet cannot receive them! I would have thought either everything would work or nothing would!!!
I tried putting my Boost sim in hubby's iPhone5, but it also won't receive calls. When I put hubby's Telstra sim in my iphone6, it works! So it's not a problem with my phone. So this makes me think it is a problem with the Boost sim or network?
Has anyone else had this problem or have any ideas how to fix it?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vic88
Rookie (LVL:3)

Re: CANNOT RECEIVE CALLS on iphone6 but can make calls and make and receive texts

I know the problem...
- ring tech support
- tell them to turn off VoLte - voice over LTE 100/cent

They have a problem with there VoLte provisioning,

for new customers do not trigger the 4G voice and data, leave it as data only, Boost have a problem with the voice 4G

Thank me later

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
DrQ
Champion (LVL:1)

Re: CANNOT RECEIVE CALLS on iphone6 but can make calls and make and receive texts

It is very strange that the Telstra SIM would work but not the Boost SIM, as Boost use the Telstra Network, so should be the same situation if it was a network issue.

It could be the SIM card, or 

Sometimes when a number is ported it can have an issue where calls can still route to the old provider and give an error message or disconnection message... not common but can happen. So that is a possilbity. I would suggest calling 1258881 or chatting here, and reporting it as a fault. They will be able to get it looked into and hopefully resolved.

---
Squirt

Thx Dr Q!
Squirt

Well I called them & it was escalated to level 2 & now level 3 tech support. I've got to wait 7-10 days for them to look at it. 😡😡😡
Boost kindly offered to divert calls from my mob to my landline, but this doesn't work either so I rang back & they gave me 2x $15 credit that they would then deduct for cost of call diversion, & call divert still doesn't work! Giving up on that!
Combine this with the app not working, & being given wrong info by Boost staff when I rang to activate my sim in the first place last Fri (which meant I had no phone for several hours til I tried something that luckily worked).
Moving to Boost has not been a positive experience for me at all so far!
Not impressed!!!😡😡😡
Rego

I have the exact same problem. I switched from Telstra to Boost on Thursday. When I spoke with Boost they put me through to Telstra Technical Team. I've now spoken with them twice and still can't receive calls. I have ordered a new blank sim from Boost which should hopefully arrive on Wednesday to see if that fixes it. It's so frustrating.

Squirt

Rego, given that you were moving from Telstra to another Telstra provider, that seems even more odd!
Did they suggest trying another sim or are you just doing it yourself? It crossed my mind but I forgot to ask. But I would have thought they would suggest it if that was an easy fix. It's ridiculous having a mobile phone and not being able to receive calls on it! Frustrating is an understatement!!!
Rego

I have had to do resets on my phone and they have done resets on their end. They told me to try my sim in another phone to make sure it wasn't my phone. Then they suggested a new sim. I'm starting to think it's not the sim if you are having the same issues. You wouldn't believe the trouble I had porting my phone from telstra to Boost and they use the same system. It took a week to get changed over and then this happens.

Elsart65
Spectator

Well, and I thought I was alone. Same here, 4 days without phone and still counting. I don't think Boost knows what it is doing about transitioning mobile number from it's parent TELSTRA.   I wonder if it is possible tocancel the SIM as it is not fit for purpose. Pity really as I wanted to keep my old number...Oh well...Aldis here we come

The chat queue is huge, I have spent 5 o5 6 hours a day. Goood operators, they try, but guess technically it is just CRAP

Vic88

I know the problem...
- ring tech support
- tell them to turn off VoLte - voice over LTE 100/cent

They have a problem with there VoLte provisioning,

for new customers do not trigger the 4G voice and data, leave it as data only, Boost have a problem with the voice 4G

Thank me later

View solution in original post

Ducks

I have the same problem but was working before Sunday. But can't call them as this is my only phone!