cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANNOT ACTIVATE MY NUMBER

Spectator

I CANT BELIEVE I BOUGHT BOOST FROM ALL THE SIM CARD EXIST IN AUSTRALIA! 

I TRIED ACTIVATING MY NUMBER ONLINE AND THEY ASK ME TO WAIT 4 HOURS, SO I WAITED. AFTER 4 HOURS STILL WONT ACTIVATE. I TRIED CALLING CUTOMER SERVICE FOR HUNDREDS OF TIMES AND ALL I GOT WAS 'BUSY,BUSY, BUSY'!! I WOKE UP THIS MORNING THINKING I CAN FINALLY CALL MY FAMILY (WHO HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR MY CALL SINCE LAST NIGHT)  BUT NO...... THEY SEND ME A TEXT SAYING THEY ARE EXPERIENCING ISSUES! AND CANNOT ACTIVATE MY NUMBER ONLINE AND ASK ME TO CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE! SO I TRY CALLING THEM AGAIN AND AGAIN AND ALL I GOT WAS 'BUSY!'. 

I HAVE NEVER WAITED FOR SO LONG FOR A SIM CARD TO ACTIVATE! I REGRET BUYING BOOST AND IF ANYONE CANNOT HELP WITH THIS I WANT A REFUND! I WILL TELL EVERYONE BOOST IS NOT A GOOD SIM CARD! WITH BAD BAD SERVICE!

I EVEN HAVE TO WAIT TO CHAT WITH THE CUSTOMER SERVICE! 

I NEED TO CALL AND TEXT AND I CANNOT DO THAT BECAUSE OF BOOST!

2 REPLIES 2
Community Founder

Re: CANNOT ACTIVATE MY NUMBER

Boost currently has thousands of people trying to port in at once. They are swamped. Porting is normally hassle free, but some people are having problems coming over from Kogan mobile due to system problems.

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

Community Founder

Re: CANNOT ACTIVATE MY NUMBER

All Caps is a bit rude don't you think???

You tried hundreds of times to call... Don't you think you might be over stating it a bit?

So maybe someone from Boost is able to help you, (of course you could always have tried the live chat feature on boost.com.au), what is it you want, a refund or help, or is it help with a refund? If it's the latter, that's really a matter for Boost employees to handle.

I see no mention in your post that you were trying to port your number over from another carrier - if that's what you were trying, it clearly states on the Boost Activation page that you cannot activate a service and port your number from another carrier via the online activation service. So I can only assume you were activating a new number. What happened to (I assume you had one), the old service you were using, and why would you provide people with a new number that hasn't yet been activated - you really should wait until the new service number is active before giving it out, it saves explanations if something goes wrong during the activation process (which it can happen to all carriers)

CORY | I do not work for Boost or Telstra.

Boost Care: 125 8881 or 1800 026 678 . Or Live Chat 24x7: http://livechat.boost.com.au