Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boost APN settings

Boost APN settings

Spectator

Re: Boost APN settings

Hey,

I'm new to this community and just had this problem earlier and found boost's default settings does is their any difference to using your service over default.

Thanks for the help, I think I'm gonna like it here.

Boston
Community Founder

@MotoGftwdubs wrote:
Hey,

I'm new to this community and just had this problem earlier and found boost's default settings does is their any difference to using your service over default.

Thanks for the help, I think I'm gonna like it here.

Boston

Welcome,

As long as your internet/MMS is working, then there is nothing to worry abouting changing.

If you are finding either isn't working by default, you can try using the alternate methods mentioned above.

Cheers!

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

Spectator

Used Telstra settings page for both internet and MMS. 

Internet works fine but MMS still unable to download or send. 

Galaxy Note 2 GTN 7105

Community Founder

why don't you try setting up your MMS here

http://www.configure.telstra.com.au/telstra/index.jsp

also make sure that WIFI is OFF and Mobile Data is On

- according to Boost internet should be working fine first to make sure MMS will work

- then confirm by sending a picture message to your very own number

If you were able to get the answer pls don't forget to mark the post as an Accepted Solution. If you also found someone helpful do not forget to give them Kudos to show your appreciation." None of us here are working for Boost or Telstra we are just here to help and share.
-nefy-
Spectator

I followed the guidelines in this post and a thousand others trying to get MMS to send/receive in my new Lenovo K3 Note but all to no avail.  The Boost (Telstra) settings were automatically supplied and couldn't be deleted but they appeared correct anyway.  I tried manually adding my own APN entries, I tried using the default Messenger app as well as Go SMS Pro (my preferred option) but no difference.  I finally found a cause/solution and thought I would add it to this thread for any others tearing their hair out like me.  The problem was I have a dual sim phone but I'm only using 1 sim in it - as soon as I disabled Dual Sim Card Mode in Go SMS Pro it worked perfectly!  Go SMS Pro > Settings > General.   Hope this helps.

Spectator

I too have had this problem with moto e. Tried everything above. Finally tried turning off the sim card on the settings and turning it back on, finally worked. Fingers crossed it continues....
Spectator

Thanks, very helpful.

Worked like a charm.
Spectator

Mates, I have a Lenovo k50 t3s and was struggling with Internet and phone coverage with Telstra. Since doing the trick of deactivating the second SIM card  (in settings - sim management) it has been working a treat. I have  activated the second sim again and it's still working.. This tip was gold. Thank you thank you thank you. My frustrations are gone....

Spectator

Thank you so much, pvandenh!!

I was with Boost / Telstra folks on 4 messaging occassions and they could not solved why I could not have mobile data - even after I suggested that it could be the APN setting.  Wasted in total 6 hours for them to respond and on all 4 occassions, they simply disappeared and left me hanging without any solution.  So I decided to goggle and found you after watching so many youtube and reading so many write ups.  Finally, your write up resolved my problem of no mobile data on the new phone.  Thank you so much!!