Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Volte calling

4G Volte calling

Mtkerrz
Rookie (LVL:3)

4G Volte calling

I have a Huawei mate 20 pro (LYA-L29) I am currently in a 4G only area. Has anyone successfully activated phone calls over 4G/Volte??

The phone itself is capable of making such calls, i believe optus and Vodafone support it. However i cannot find a setting to activate it being with Telstra. Is there a way to force it on? I have spoken to Telstra support and no luck resetting network setting etc.. 

2 REPLIES 2
pvandenh
Community Founder

Re: 4G Volte calling

I believe the phone manufacturer needs to include specific carrier settings within their firmware for VoLTE to work on a network. 

Possibly they added the other appropriate carrier settings, but not Telstra's.

From my initial research on Huawei support of the Telstra VoLTE settings on other forums. it looks like the settings may have been included in firmware for the Mate 30 series and the P30 series, but alas not the Mate 20 series.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

nbaever3
Spectator

Re: 4G Volte calling

VoLTE stands for voice over LTE and it's more or less exactly what it says on the tin. It's voice calls over a 4G LTE network, rather than the 2G or 3G connections which are usually used. Below you'll find everything you need to know about VoLTE, including which networks offer it and what's so good about it.