So heaps of you have heard that Living UNLTD™ with Boost Mobile is the way to go and you want to keep your existing mobile number with you. Check out our top tips below, which will help us bring your number over as hassle free, and quickly as possible.
To enable call waiting on your boost mobile, simply dial *43# from your handset (like you're making a phone call) and press call. You phone should then shortly advise you call waiting has been activated.
Porting your number across to the new Boost Pre-paid Mobile service is as easy as:
1. Check that your phone is unlocked and 850MHz compatible
2. Purchase a Boost Mobile SIM pack from a participating retailer, or online at www.boost.com.au 3. Go online to boost.com.au/activate and go to "Bring my phone number" tab. 4. You need to make sure that your name and DOB match up with your existing account and if you are porting over from a post-paid account, you'll need your account number. The operator will also need the SIM serial number which can be found on the Boost Mobile SIM pack to activate your service. 5. Porting can take up to 48 hours to go through. 6. If you have a phone that is 850MHz compatible but was previously used on a different network you will need to change some settings for your phone to work on the Telstra 3G Mobile network.
Alternatively if you want to port your new Boost Mobile service but don’t have internet access, you can pop your new Boost Mobile SIM card into an 850MHz compatible handset.
Please wait a few minutes for the sim to register on the network and then contact Boost Live Chat so we can complete the activation for you.
If you are an existing Telstra customer wanting to port your number across, you will need to speak to Boost Live Chat to request a Blank SIM card. Unfortunately, a Telstra to Boost port is restricted with the SIM cards available in retail and online so you will need to request a Blank SIM card before being able to port your number.
Any 850MHz device should work on the Boost Pre-paid Mobile service on the Telstra 3G Mobile Network. To check if your handset is compatible with the 850MHz frequency network
visit: http://www.telstra.com.au/mobile/networks/network_info/check-imei-boost.html and enter your handset IMEI number. This will ensure you get the best experience on the Boost Pre-paid Mobile service. If you have a phone that is 850MHz compatible but previously used on a different network you will need to change some settings for your phone to work on the Telstra 3G Mobile Network.
Any 850MHz compatible phone should work on the Boost Pre-Paid Mobile service on the Telstra 3G Mobile Network. If you’re unsure if your mobile is 850MHz compatible or just want to confirm you can do so here
If you’re bringing your mobile handset across from another network and it is compatible you may need to change some settings to ensure it works correctly. You can view the correct settings here
Please note that you'll be able to use 4G compatible devices however will only receive 3G services as Boost Mobile doesn't offer 4G.
If you wish to bring your number from Telstra, you’ll need a Blank SIM pack. Follow the below steps.
1. Either call 125 8881 or head to livechat.boost.com.au to request a Blank SIM pack. 2. When the Boost Mobile Blank SIM Pack arrives follow the normal process of activation, stressing that you are porting from TELSTRA to Boost Mobile. 3. Porting can take up to 48 hours. Please make sure that your new account details match with your existing account to ensure that this process is as short as possible.
You’ve just joined the cool kids and activated your Boost service and have been enjoying it, but now it is time to recharge and you are wondering how to do it. We have three easy ways to recharge your service as well as an automatic recharge option so you can set and forget.
1) The Boost app – The Boost app is a multi-talented app that will let you check your balance, view your usage history, recharge and set up an automatic recharge. Get it on iTunes and Google Play
2) Recharge online – You can recharge on either a phone browser or computer by visiting https://recharge.boost.com.au and following the prompts on the screen
3) Dial #111# - By calling #111# you can recharge as well as checking your balance while on the go
Setting up an automatic recharge makes sure that you don’t forget to recharge and lose any bonuses that would normally roll over. Find out more about how to set it up here.
If you need a hand recharging, our Live Chat team can help step you through it, but for security reasons can't accept your credit card details to recharge for you
Boost offers do change from time to time and so if you are on an old offer you may wish to switch across. Making the change is something that you can do on your phone in a few simple steps.
On your phone, open your favourite recharge option
Boost Mobile App (available on Google Play™or App Store)
boost.com.au (from your phone’s browser)
Go to “My Offer” then select “Change Offer” and follow the instructions
Your inclusions will not change until you recharge again, so if you have an active recharge, it will still reflect the old offer until you recharge again.
Once you change offers, you won’t be able to change back, so check the offer details carefully before you make the change
There are two ways to get your hands on a Boost SIM:
In our online shop
At your local Boost Retailer
If you are a Telstra customer and wish to change to Boost, then you’ll need a blank SIM which you can get from Customer Care team by calling 125 8881 (8am-9pm AEST, 7 days) and a blank SIM will be mailed to you. Ensure you have your personal details handy.
Boost currently stock SIM cards to the value of $2, $10 and $40. If you want to join Boost on the $20, $30 or $50, grab a $2 SIM and recharge to the value you want.
What you’ll need to activate your Pre-Paid service:
Your device and new SIM starter kit
A valid form of ID, either:
1. Australian Driver Licence or Learner Permit,
2. Medicare card,
3. Australian passport or,
4. International passport with valid Australian visa
Under government regulation, we must verify your identity.
If you’re bringing a number from another provider, have your previous account information to hand.
How to activate on a mobile phone:
Insert the SIM into your phone and switch it on
Wait for the SMS that includes a link to activate
Select the link or copy it into your browser to activate your service
If you didn’t get the SMS, visit boost.com.au/activate and follow the prompts. You don’t need an internet connection or credit balance to access this page.
If you have a Pre-Paid Android phone from Boost Mobile, select ‘Tap to Activate’ at the bottom of your home page to get started.
Activate on a tablet, computer or mobile broadband-connected device
Visit boost.com.au/activate follow the prompts.
You don’t need an internet connection or credit balance to access this page.
Bringing your existing number to Boost Mobile?
It’s important that you have a 3 G 850 MHz compatible handset to use with your SIM
Bring your existing number to Boost Mobile from Telstra?
If you’re bringing your number across to Boost Mobile from Telstra, you’ll need a blank SIM that will be compatible on the Boost Network. To request a blank SIM, chat to our customer care team at Boost Live Chat
When you receive your blank SIM pack, contact Boost Live Chat to complete activation
If you are currently using an iphone please check iPhone unlocking process to check if your phone needs to be unlocked or not.
Check if your Pre-Paid service is active
When you receive an email or SMS notification from us confirming your Pre-Paid service is active, you should be able to use your device. If it’s not working, try switching your device off and on again.
If you don’t receive an email or SMS, you can check if your service is active by inserting your SIM, switching your device on and checking whether signal bars appear. Alternatively, try accessing the internet from your device.
Regular activation takes about 10 minutes. In some cases it may take up to 4 hours.
If you’re bringing a number from another provider activation will occur 4 to 24 hours from processing. If you make the request outside business hours we’ll process it on the next business day.