Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

has been one week and sim card still not acitvated

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

I bought and started the activation for my new sim card one week ago and it still hasnt activated, all the original email and text message said was my activation request was in process. I've never had to wait more than a day for sim card to activate what is going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Founder

Re: has been one week and sim card still not acitvated

I suggest calling 1258881. This number works even when calling from the inactive sim (that is the only number that it let's you ring). Sounds like the activation didn't work for some reason, as it should be instant if no porting is involved.

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Founder

Has the sim not activated? Or is it that the port from another provider is stuck in limbo? A lot of people have found out that their account details were different between Boost and the other provider, which caused the delays if they don't match exactly. Apparently Kogan (if this is your previous provider), their systems aren't responding if there is a mismatch of details (date of birth, or name spelling, etc). Just a thought on what other people have found.

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

Highlighted
Community Founder

It's worth double-checking with Boost on 1258881 to see how the activating is going, incase something went wrong Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Brand new sim card with new number, i didnt bring over my old number or anything

Highlighted

And as for ringing, i dont have a phone because the sim card isnt active. the mobile is my only means of telecommunications.

Highlighted
Community Founder

I suggest calling 1258881. This number works even when calling from the inactive sim (that is the only number that it let's you ring). Sounds like the activation didn't work for some reason, as it should be instant if no porting is involved.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Boost Mobile Team

You can also check the status of your activation by using our online Live Chat service at livechat.boost.com.au 

Highlighted
Amateur (LVL:1)

I have gone through all the steps and my SIM is still not activated. It's telling me to verify my SIM serial number which has been done 3 days ago and it's telling me that the it is already active. I am porting from Optus. Tried calling 1258881 but no one is answering because of "COVID-19". Please help!!