Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

boost account maintenance is a pain

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

What a crappy system for checking balance and recharging.

Turn off wifi to start,  REALLY !!

Why can't I log in on my PC and check balnce, recharge, set up auto recharge and change Credit Card info all on one page like I do with every other online account I have.

No, the webpage takes me to a Telstra dead-end

To make matters worse my wife uses a Microsoft phone and there is no Boost app for MS mobile O/S

Come on guys, set up a proper PC website where I can see and modify all my account details.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Professional (LVL:1)

Re: boost account maintenance is a pain

Come on guys, set up a proper PC website where I can see and modify all my account details.
Hi Atlanta,
Although you con go into: Stay Recharged > (via bottom of Boost's Home Page) > Recharge online, I suggest the best way for your needs is via: - www.care.boost.com.au. This does not work via the main website. This direct site can be opened from any PC or mobile phone make [not via the Boost App]. It has all you need to do normal online business.
NOTE: If doing auto recharge [for the SAME DATE each month]; suggest you do not set up for dates from 28th & 31st. In past, this has caused problems with the ACTUAL date $'s taken from bank, because of different month lengths!
I use 1st of each month; however, Boost's system is likely to say auto recharge is on next date - after your chosen one. In my case it often soys 2nd; but the money is taken out on the 1st, as ordered. Stupid set up, but I have to accept that the Telstra IT (for Boost) is not likely te change soon!
Remembor that the AUTO is done on same date each month. This means that you get billed 12 times per year; not 13 times, as in the non-auto [28 doys] method.
I have been satisfied with Boost's Auto, since I started with Bosst.
Good luck, Shalama.

Highlighted

This direct site can be opened from any PC or mobile phone make

Thanks for your reply shalama, but your 'direct site' link does not work

Highlighted

@atlanta wrote:

This direct site can be opened from any PC or mobile phone make

Thanks for your reply shalama, but your 'direct site' link does not work

Hi Atlanta,

Something strange is going on. I just checked the 'direct site address' [ www.care.boost.com.au ] which goes to 'MY BOOST' (your full records). It goes directly there. I am using 'Internet Explorer' (fully up to date).

NOTE: you cannot link from this  'community page'. You will have to type in the full www address, to get there.  Perhaps try on a different computer? I also checked that this is still a fully active site with Boost's call centre (1258881 > go 5/ other). They said yes. 

If above no help, maybe worth ringing Boost's call centre and ask them to check for you? See if they can access your account via 'www.care.boost.com.au'. Ask for a supervisor, if it gets difficult. Some operators are good; others are not in the game!

Regards, Shalama.

Highlighted

This is what I get with either Firefox or Internet Explorer

Capture.JPG

Highlighted

@atlanta wrote:

This is what I get with either Firefox or Internet Explorer.

---------------------------------------

Did you come from Telstra to Boost? The Boost system uses a special Sim to transfer between them. [I do not know the details, but have seen posts on this subject]. Also, check that your sim has a Boost brand on it - not Telstra or just unbranded.

Otherwise, I can see no reason why you should be sent to the Telstra site, instead of 'MY Booost'.

I think the only way to sort this out will be to speak with the Boost Call Centre; probobly with a supervisor. When you get through, make sure you are talking with a BOOST team member as the Telstra team may not be able to fix it, if you get sent into the Telstra area. [Although the 'Telstra call centre' do it all for Boost, they have a separate  'Boost sub team' to handle our needs].

Regards, Shalama.

Highlighted

Hi Atlanata,

Just had another thought on you getting sent to Telstra, instead of Boost.

You may need to go directly through your Boost sim card to get into 'care.boost.com.au'.

Try tethering your mobile device {via cable or hot spot} to your computer; with mobile Data switched on & WiFi switched off. (Cable is simplest to set up). Make sure your commputer does not have any modem or other wireless connections open at the same time. Also, check your computer's 'Internet access > Wireless connections' has not got any other wireless input via any 'Auto connect' tick box.

I have tethered my phone [Boost sim] to my lap top for several years, with no problems in getting into Boost Care.

Regards, Shalama.

Highlighted

Yep this is ridiculous......This screen shot was taken using your link (Directly copied and pasted into new page) using my PC (Google Chrome).

Why do we have to turn WiFi off, to be able to access account ?? seems like a ploy to use our Mobile data, and the possibility of users going over their alloted amount, which creates more money in the pockets of Boost.

Will have to keep this in mind, while I'm trialing different mobile carriers.Boost.JPG

Highlighted

Hi Fosk01,

I suspect that the "WiFi off" instruction is to ensure that it runs through the ' boost records system' via their sim & not via Telstra's main system. Remember that Boost used to run on Optus a few years back. Maybe we inherited some of their old system.

Look at the next sentence in your screen shot. It says that their is NO charge for using data that is going to Boost records [ON the BOOST SYSTEM]. So, no extra charges, but a messy system!

Regards,

Shalama. 

Highlighted

Hi Shalama,

The text I received on my phone is as follows: - 

"Hi, your Data, Data Roll Over, Intl MMS, Intl Texts and UNTL Intl Calls & Text will expire at 11:59:59 PM AEDT on Feb 25, 2020" ................Which is midnight tonight. The problem is, I can't find anywhere on the Boost page, where it states, "Your (my) account has been setup for auto payment every 28 days, which means I will never have to worry about my account, unless I remove my card details, or I remove this from my account..........Where do I find this, Before I lose all of my data etc. etc.

Regards,

Ian