cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

at home Wifi won't connect to my phone

Spectator

I was watching youtube when I got a request randomly on my phone asking to agree to terms and services by this company. I have never used or activated this phone before. I had no idea what it was refering to by "New Device" since I've had this phone for years. I accepted the terms thinking it was no big deal since I wasnt planning on activating anyway. It took me to the activation screen and I declined and blocked the notification since it wouldn't disapear on its own or with a swipe. After that my connection to my at home wifi stopped and required me to "sign in" but brought up a disconnected webpage. I've never had to sign in on my own wifi before like I was guest, and all my other devices are connected fine. What is happening to my phone and how do I fix it? This is important becuase I need this wifi for my current communications until I have more money and I'm stuck using my old laptop to figure out how to solve this issue. In the meantime I'll find a place with free wifi to see if It will show me what the sign in page is about. If that doesn't help me solve the issue then I'm screwed Smiley Sad

Edit: I am absolutely livid right now I can't connect to free wifi either, it gives me the same disconnction screen. And the activation won't cancel without a recipt which I don't have becuase I never bought this service in the first place.I don't know who decided to try and activate my phone without permission and lock me out of my own wifi. And I feel like this should be fixed to let people disconnect who never bought in the first place becuase now I'm screwed out of a phone and quite possibly my job if I can't communicate to my ride.