Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi not connecting

Wifi not connecting

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

Wifi not connecting

I have a Boost Alcatel Touch, and i used to be able to acces my home wifi network via my phone and suddenly i cant. I've tried turning off and on the wifi, turning the phone on and off and forgetting the network then logging back into it. It says that i am connected but i still cannot access the internet via my phone.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Wifi not connecting

Hi renobec. 

I would suggest you try connecting to a different Wi-Fi network with your phone. Find the nearest free Wi-Fi connection or if you have a neighbor or friend or family members Wi-Fi you can connect to to see if there is an issue with phone itself connecting. 

If the phone does not connect to a different Wi-Fi connection, then its an issue with the phone handset. 

If if it does connect, this would suggest there is an issue with your modem/Wi-Fi signal. 

Are there any other devices you can try to connect to your home Wi-Fi to see if you have the same issue?

Regards - 

Rookie (LVL:3)

My ipod seems to connect perfectly fine to the wifi home network - it just seems like my phone is the only one having this problem. If it has anything to do with the problem this all started when i had to restart the wifi router due to it not connecting to anything at all. Now all other devices are fine except for my phone.

Community Manager

Thanks renobec, 

Sorry to hear you are still having problems. 

Does your phone connect to other Wi-Fi networks still? Ie: is it only having the issue with your modem?

You may need to change your Wi-Fi channel to see if that resolves the problem but before I provide instructions, can you confirm what type of modem do you have? (make and model)

Regards -