Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very unhappy with recharge!!!

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:4)

I switched to Boost late last month taking out the $40 Unltd+ prepaid option which gave me the bonus 3Gb for the first month. Expiry date was 26th July.

I wanted to set up auto recharge as we will soon be travelling & may not always be in areas with a phone signal, however in order to set up the auto recharge I first had to make an intial recharge to register my credit card details with boost. So far so good. 

Having recharged, instead of my $40 recharge commencing on the expiry date of 26th July it has commenced FROM TODAY, the 10th July, & now expires on 7th August! Not only that, but the Bonus 3Gb I had to use until the 26th July has also been removed & my data credit reset to 5Gb to last until 7th August.

To say I am upset about this is an understatement! I do the right thing to set up a regular payment, & instead of getting what I paid for have essentially had 16 days of paid for credit stolen from me, as well as almost my full amount of data (8Gb) which I was saving to use once we start travelling next week taken from me too!

Whether this removal of my credit & data is intentional, or an inadvertent side effect of an IT system unable to cope with a customer wanting to be organised in advance of his expiry date I don't know, but it is a not a good start at all. 

I would like Boost to now do the right thing & restore my initial credit AND 8Gb data, & change my next renewal date from the 7th of August to the 23rd August as it should have been. 

I am prepared to be a long term/ auto-recharging Boost customer for the same reasons as I chose to switch to Boost in the first place, but not unless this can be sorted promptly. Over to you Boost!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Very unhappy with recharge!!!

I just got off the phone to Boost Customer service. Outcome has been satisfactory. My $40 has been refunded & my extra 3Gb restored up to the 26th, with my auto recharge date set for the 26th as I had originally expected it to be. The Customer service person was most helpful. A good outcome. I do think however that Boost should make it clear to new customers who are making a first recharge with a view to setting up auto recharge that their initial credit will be lost if they do not wait until their expiry date

Better still Boost should provide an auto recharge option without the need to first make a 'non-auto' recharge. Credit card details could easily be asked for when setting this up, without need for a 'non auto' recharge at the time. 

4 REPLIES
Rookie (LVL:3)

Hi Cuppa,

I have just experienced the same problem, only difference is I lost 3 days.

Have you received any response from Boost?

Nothing yet gkwombat. 

I just got off the phone to Boost Customer service. Outcome has been satisfactory. My $40 has been refunded & my extra 3Gb restored up to the 26th, with my auto recharge date set for the 26th as I had originally expected it to be. The Customer service person was most helpful. A good outcome. I do think however that Boost should make it clear to new customers who are making a first recharge with a view to setting up auto recharge that their initial credit will be lost if they do not wait until their expiry date

Better still Boost should provide an auto recharge option without the need to first make a 'non-auto' recharge. Credit card details could easily be asked for when setting this up, without need for a 'non auto' recharge at the time. 

Rookie (LVL:3)

Thanks for the update Cuppa.  I will get on the the customer service people.  WOuld be good if they could sort the web site and the app out properly for the auto-recharge!!

Cheers