Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using new number then Porting

SOLVED
kd96638
Spectator

I'd like to test Boost mobile with a new number while keeping my existing mobile number active on a spare phone. Then

port the existing number, say, one month after proving the Boost service is working better.

Is that possible ?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nefy
Community Founder

Re: Using new number then Porting

once you have activated the number on the sim card you can no longer port your existing number form any provider..

If you have finally decided to keep your existing number, you need to get another stater kit for that. 

remember if you are coming from Telstra you need a blank sim card delivered by the Boost Team

If you are coming from Aldi, and any other provider.. you indeed need another starter kit

If you were able to get the answer pls don't forget to mark the post as an Accepted Solution. If you also found someone helpful do not forget to give them Kudos to show your appreciation." None of us here are working for Boost or Telstra we are just here to help and share.
-nefy-

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
nefy
Community Founder

once you have activated the number on the sim card you can no longer port your existing number form any provider..

If you have finally decided to keep your existing number, you need to get another stater kit for that. 

remember if you are coming from Telstra you need a blank sim card delivered by the Boost Team

If you are coming from Aldi, and any other provider.. you indeed need another starter kit

If you were able to get the answer pls don't forget to mark the post as an Accepted Solution. If you also found someone helpful do not forget to give them Kudos to show your appreciation." None of us here are working for Boost or Telstra we are just here to help and share.
-nefy-

View solution in original post

paulelhawzi
Rookie (LVL:3)

I did register with boost and requested to keep my initial number which is with optus

I receive a new sim with a different number. I activated it but my number hasn't been ported

nefy
Community Founder

when you called in to activate, did you mention about porting the number? 

if you did contact Boost 1258881 and check the status of the transfer

-nefy-